Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
Yes, it would appear someone at FCA is feeling ashamed of the shameless price hikes on Wranglers, so they are now messing with the options.

Having said that, one thing I really liked when I bought my Tacoma is I only had to check four boxes:

1. Double Cab with automatic transmission
  2. TRD Off-Road trim --adds rear locker, 1 extra inch of suspension travel, Bilstein shocks, electronic Crawl Control --which I ended up hating, 16-inch wheels, black fender flares and navigation.
  3. Premium Package --adds heated leather seats, power sunroof, power rear sliding window, JBL sound and proximity door locks
  4. Technology Package --adds Blind Spot monitoring, cross-path detection and wireless phone charger

MSRP came to $41,200 for a well-equipped truck; I got it for $37,000 out-the-door, which is a STEAL when you consider what you get on a Wrangler for $37,000!

Too bad Toyota doesn't offer optional seats suitable for humans and an automatic transmission that actually works...

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I think Door guards were always an option .... On my JLUR I went a different direction and used grip tape.
Way better IMO

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Maybe. My Grandmother used to buy brand new sofa, chairs and lamps and kept all the plastic on them - you weren't even allowed to sit on the sit- on stuff (you could turn the lamps on I think)

Maybe covering the door edge guards makes sense. My Grandmother would if she was still here.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
My door entry has white paint. It's holding up better than the paint on the hinges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts