Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was adding another Rocker Switch to the factory panel and found an extra connector. The switch is going to be use for providing power to the Winch when I install one. I also had some LED Bulbs come in the mail today so I thought I would add them into the factory switches that was already there (Rear Defrost and Rear Wiper/Washer). I have a Rubicon, so the 4th spot is the Factory Lockers and it is a 2004 so it has 4 total spots (Rear Defrost, Rear Wiper/Washer, Filler Plate, Factory Lockers).

When I took it apart to get to switches out to change the bulbs and add the new switch (looks like a factory one), I found a set of wires held in place by the blank plate. Anyone know what these wires go too? I know the automatic transmission has the O/D switch there (I have a manual transmission) and I have seen some Fog Light switches in that spot (not sure if that is factory or not, my fog light switch is part of the Multi Switch). The wire colors are Black, Orange/White, Green, Orange if that might help in determining what it goes to.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Fog lights are on the headlight dimmer switch
That would be o/d off location

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fog lights are on the headlight dimmer switch
That would be o/d off location
Ya, that is where my Fog Lights are now, but like I said I have seen some images where a fog light switch was in that position. I just wasn't sure if it was factory or not.

So the wiring for the o/d exist even though I have a manual transmission?

·
Registered
16,435 Posts
There are older pre rubicon 3 SPd auto years that had 3 slot panel
Wiper/washer
Defroster
Fogs

when they went to the OD auto they changed the panel to 4 slots
Same two
Rear wiper/washer
Rear defroster
Other two
Tranny od control
Rubi locker

You get them based on options
Hard top/Rubi/auto

But when there from factory always those same functions

The three slot early year panels are only ones with fog lamps and look like this

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts