Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little buyers warning for anyone thinking about these tail lights

https://www.extremeterrain.com/led-tail-lights-black-smoke-0717jk.html

I was given these tail lights as a gift last Christmas, in about 4 or 5 months the driver side turn signal stopped working. I contacted XT via their chat function on the website. I explained the situation and then was told that I'm S.O.L. pretty much. According to the customer service representative I spoke to XT these tail lights carry absolutely no warranty with them. So once you buy them you're on your own. What kind of company doesn't have a warranty on their own products? What does that tell you about their confidence in their own products? If I wanted a cheap set of tail lights that carried no warranty I would've ordered a Chinese pair from Amazon. Take it how you want it, but I'll be giving all my business to Quadratec from now on. If XT wants to talk about it further I'd be happy to discuss it, but as of now they lost my business

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was going to order a complete set of tires and rims until I reviewed customer complaints/reviews on the BBB site for this company. You should check it out, you are not alone and I’m glad I steered away from them and purchased elsewhere. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,976 Posts
Not to mention that Quadratec has a number of LED tail lights all for less than those Axials. For that price they should be warranted for life.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just a little buyers warning for anyone thinking about these tail lights

https://www.extremeterrain.com/led-tail-lights-black-smoke-0717jk.html

I was given these tail lights as a gift last Christmas, in about 4 or 5 months the driver side turn signal stopped working. I contacted XT via their chat function on the website. I explained the situation and then was told that I'm S.O.L. pretty much. According to the customer service representative I spoke to XT these tail lights carry absolutely no warranty with them. So once you buy them you're on your own. What kind of company doesn't have a warranty on their own products? What does that tell you about their confidence in their own products? If I wanted a cheap set of tail lights that carried no warranty I would've ordered a Chinese pair from Amazon. Take it how you want it, but I'll be giving all my business to Quadratec from now on. If XT wants to talk about it further I'd be happy to discuss it, but as of now they lost my business

I ordered a morryde tail reinforcement kit from XT and it was missing a bunch of stuff.. I emailed morryde and XT with my order number the night i attempted to install and.. morryde sent me an entire new kit free of charge, had a tracking number the next day..

email the light maker, with your order number and be like, "whats the deal"? They might RMA it for you.. worth a shot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a morryde tail reinforcement kit from XT and it was missing a bunch of stuff.. I emailed morryde and XT with my order number the night i attempted to install and.. morryde sent me an entire new kit free of charge, had a tracking number the next day..

email the light maker, with your order number and be like, "whats the deal"? They might RMA it for you.. worth a shot.
Axial is only sold on XT, I'm fairly certain it's their brand, just like Red Rock 4x4. I can't seem to find a website for Axial other than XT. I thought of that too. Thanks for the advice tho. Bottom line...F++K Extreme Terrain... Unless they are willing to make things right

·
Registered
220 Posts
Axial is only sold on XT, I'm fairly certain it's their brand, just like Red Rock 4x4. I can't seem to find a website for Axial other than XT. I thought of that too. Thanks for the advice tho. Bottom line...F++K Extreme Terrain... Unless they are willing to make things right

Those look like private label of the same ones with other brands on them. Heard bad reviews of those style lights so I am still here with my stock trying to decide what to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look like private label of the same ones with other brands on them. Heard bad reviews of those style lights so I am still here with my stock trying to decide what to do.
I bought a set off Amazon from Hooke Road and love them so far. I posted an honest review on their Amazon product. The reverse lights are not very bright, but otherwise they're good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts