Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up front... this could all be me just missing something but I don't think it is...

I spoke with a rep from ET (not xtryan) and asked about CB equipment and what all I needed. More specific in regards to the antenna and coax cable and was told that I could order the Fire-Flex coax and the Firestick Antenna, I opted for the 3' version, and that's all I would need. I also asked if everything would work with the Teraflex CB mount (the one that attaches to the stock tire carrier) and that was also a yes. I received everything today and before I get on the horn and ruin someones day... am I missing something here?

This is the coax end that connects to the antenna, it also comes with a bolt and instructions showing additional parts I do not have like hex nut, washers etc. There is a plastic insert but it does not come out, I do not believe the antenna screws on that piece.

This is the antenna end that connects to the coax...

How you ask... hell if I know... that's my problem. If anyone has this set up or knows what I'm doing wrong or missing please feel free to enlighten me.... Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jump over to the Jeep General Discussion area and go to the radio and communication section and search thru the cb threads. I'm getting ready to install an cb and have been searching thru there to see what I need to set mine up. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You need the fire ring stud mount. The ring on the coax mounts up through the bottom of the teraflex mount and into the fire ring stud mount. Then the antenna screws into the top of the fire ring stud mount. This is what is missing. Firestik K4R CB Antenna Stud Mount

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Same setup i have, you need the stud as mentioned above.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Chunky the part you show is just the antenna it does not come apart. do yourself a favor and just go down to one of the truck stops they will have every thing you need. if you need help with install PM me

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Up front... this could all be me just missing something but I don't think it is...

I spoke with a rep from ET (not xtryan) and asked about CB equipment and what all I needed. More specific in regards to the antenna and coax cable and was told that I could order the Fire-Flex coax and the Firestick Antenna, I opted for the 3' version, and that's all I would need. I also asked if everything would work with the Teraflex CB mount (the one that attaches to the stock tire carrier) and that was also a yes. I received everything today and before I get on the horn and ruin someones day... am I missing something here?

This is the coax end that connects to the antenna, it also comes with a bolt and instructions showing additional parts I do not have like hex nut, washers etc. There is a plastic insert but it does not come out, I do not believe the antenna screws on that piece.

This is the antenna end that connects to the coax...

How you ask... hell if I know... that's my problem. If anyone has this set up or knows what I'm doing wrong or missing please feel free to enlighten me.... Thanks!
Sorry for the bad information. I'll find out who you spoke with and make sure they're up to speed on how these systems work.

The stud listed above is what you're missing. We don't currently offer one but I'm going to work to get it on the site. In the meantime, I got mine from Radioshack so if you have one near by you can pick up, or shoot me your info in a PM and I'll have one shipped out to you.

I'm sorry for the confusion but I want to make it right!

-Ryan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys, got what I needed from Apollo Communications here in Glendale, the guy I spoke with was great, knew what all I needed before I could finish. Making my bracket to hang my CB over the rear-view mirror then will fully install everything.

Not finished yet, just a work in progress.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, got what I needed from Apollo Communications here in Glendale, the guy I spoke with was great, knew what all I needed before I could finish. Making my bracket to hang my CB over the rear-view mirror then will fully install everything.

Not finished yet, just a work in progress.
Since you already got your missing part I want to make this up to you in a different way. Please PM me your order number and I'll credit your account for the full cost of the antenna and cable. I'll wait for your PM!

-Ryan

·
Registered
627 Posts
Since you already got your missing part I want to make this up to you in a different way. Please PM me your order number and I'll credit your account for the full cost of the antenna and cable. I'll wait for your PM!

-Ryan
Holy Happy Horseshit Batman! That is awesome service my friend. I am going to PM you about some bumpers I was looking at. THis is the kind of service that keeps and wins new customers over.
Thanks for trying to make this right for the OP.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Extreme Terrain was flawless in their purchases by me. Great to talk to over web and parts shipped practically overnight. Nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Ryan did the same thing with me over an issue with the enhanced rubi rails.Excellent customer service. I don't know any another vendor that bends over backwards for their customers like they do. They will continue to get my business in the future...#1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts