Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a month or 2 ago i installed the teraflex 2.5 lift with m95 shocks. all was good up until today when i almost crashed and burned.... i was going 75-80 as usual on the highway when i went over a bridge, hit an expansion joint unevenly, and found myself bouncing violently across 4 lanes of traffic to the breakdown lane. scary as hell. luckily i didnt crash or cause anyone else to. i guess now my weekend is devoted to figuring that out....good thing theres a sticky

·
Registered
331 Posts
3" tereaflex lift here with upper and lower CA Same thing happened to me. Luckily I knew what it was and stayed calm. Few days later I installed monster track bar and any remaining bolts with the upgrade bolts. Drives awesome.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the drag link bar has a slight bend in it on the passenger side, is this normal or should it be completely straight? also, the upper control arm front mount on the passenger side looks a little odd but possibly stock, kind of like its 2 halves welded together so as to sit at an angle for the control arm.... this is all i could find.... im going to order a bolt upgrade kit and get an alignment..... if its not fixed after that, im lost.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
3" tereaflex lift here with upper and lower CA Same thing happened to me. Luckily I knew what it was and stayed calm. Few days later I installed monster track bar and any remaining bolts with the upgrade bolts. Drives awesome.
This.

Did you get the monster track bar? Took care of my major DW. Later got bad shimmies because of out of balance tire after rotation.

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
Most of the time its tbe trackbar. But to be sure have somebody turn your steering wheel side to side and look at your steering components like trackbar,tierod,draglink..but also check your control arm bushings.
I had some great battles with death wobble with my JK and specially my TJ..it can be frustrating I can tell you that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the trackbar is definately torqued to spec, actually i torqued it to 130 instead of 125, i cant imagine this is the issue....i guess it is possible that its ovaled out, i think tomorrow ill completely remove it and check.... then ill check the control arm bolts....

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Don't over torque any bolts. Bad idea.

125ft lbs is plenty for your TB. Don't under torque, just torque to speak. I with everyone about it being the TB most likely. Are you using the stock bolts in it or did you replace them with grade 8?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still have the stock bolts, going to upgrade them as soon as possible....im hoping to find them at lowes or home depot tomorrow.... 9/16 x 3"? should they be threaded the whole way? should i use washers also?

·
Registered
909 Posts
still have the stock bolts, going to upgrade them as soon as possible....im hoping to find them at lowes or home depot tomorrow.... 9/16 x 3"? should they be threaded the whole way? should i use washers also?
Northridge has a complete Grade 8 replacement kit for all critical bolts. Check it out.

Scott

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is near impossible to find a 9/16 bolt anywhere....i just went on a hunt.... lowes, home depot, tractor supply, ace hardware.... nothing!! looks like online is my only option, i guess my weekend just freed up

·
Registered
298 Posts
I broke down and bought synergy bolt kit. Taking the easy way out since I'm doing all my suspension in a couple of weeks with TF monster Trackbar, steering stabilizer and lift.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Hello!

I bought the Northridge bolt kit...it has everything you need. Do yourself a favor and watch the videos in the sticky!!!! Can't stress that enough. It helped me (see my write up in the sticky), and it WILL help you!!! :thumb:

I am so glad that my DW is gone thanks to this forum! Follow the steps and yours will be too! Go Wrangler Forum! :dance:

Good luck!

Regards,

Bob~ :punk:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts