Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys monday me and my good friend are gonna fab up a rear bumper, as far as thickness goes for the steel what would yall recomend?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3/16 or thicker.
Yeah i was thinking 1/8" was a little bit too thin, and im not really worried about weight either because the hard top is about to come off permanetly and im getting a soft top + bikini for summer months, ill probably go with 3/16 or 1/4, ill post up picks if we do it monday :). (Hopefully the scrap metal shop is open monday i know its MLK day :confused: )

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop was open! We tacked 4, 1/4" X 5" X50" together in a box, gonna drill a hole down the middle of each to drop a pin inside and get a big tow ring for when my buddy gets stuck, never happens to me ;). Then friday we're gonna make some mounts and throw em on there! ill post some pics of the finished product, bed lined and all :).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would but my spare is a 31 and stock wheel, and I don't plan on getting 5 33's next time around, because I'm I probably won't have the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts