Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying one of these silly overpriced contraptions in the next few days. I thought I wanted an ultra hook but I don't see it for sale in black.

Also need to know which one is best for my skill level and what I will be doing.
Most of the time I will pulling shop carts away from my vehicle with my winch and the occasional stuck in the mud/snow need to get out "help!".

My main goal is a clean look on the bumper. I thought the factor 55 would do help with this, so I do not have to have the hook attached to a shackle.

If there is another product you suggest let me know. I like Warn customer service and products as well.

Please help me decide. Pics would be great. If there is a thread for this direct me there and delete this garbage. I searched for 7 minutes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I recently got the Flatlink E. I picked that one so I could use the pin and the arc of a shackle. I've only used it at this point to remove some bushes around my house and to pull a stump up a hill. It worked great and I hope to not have to use it wheeling. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@fiend that really does look clean...but I think it helps with that matching fairlead.

Im beginning to lean towards that flatlink e

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts

Standard flat link here. I also didn’t want the hook going to the shackle tab and like the cleaner install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I'm too lazy to search... How do these work? With the standard hook, I put a tree saver around a tree and fasten the two loop-ends together with a 3/4" bow shackle. Then the gated hook snaps onto the shackle by just pressing the gate against the shackle, it opens, the shackle slides in, and the gate closes. Done.

So obviously there's no "opening" in this -- it's a complete circle. And it looks like the hole is too small to admit the round ends of a bow shackle -- the ones I have are pretty wide so that there's plenty of steel around the 3/4" hole required for the pin.

So how do you hook these up to your tow-strap or tree-saver?

Small minds want to know...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

The Flatlink E will take a regular Crosby style shackle, but I like a soft shackle best.

Flatlink E here.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
flatlink as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
I'm too lazy to search... How do these work? With the standard hook, I put a tree saver around a tree and fasten the two loop-ends together with a 3/4" bow shackle. Then the gated hook snaps onto the shackle by just pressing the gate against the shackle, it opens, the shackle slides in, and the gate closes. Done.

So obviously there's no "opening" in this -- it's a complete circle. And it looks like the hole is too small to admit the round ends of a bow shackle -- the ones I have are pretty wide so that there's plenty of steel around the 3/4" hole required for the pin.

you attach a bow shackle to them but not how you are describing. you slide the bow shackel over the link and run the bolt thru thebowshacle and link

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts

I use a soft shackle most of the time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Standard flat link here. I also didn’t want the hook going to the shackle tab and like the cleaner install.

That looks really good + same color as mine. What bumper do you have?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That looks really good + same color as mine. What bumper do you have?

It looks like the most popular is the flatlink e. But still no black!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks...Poison Spyder Bruiser front bumper

NO wonder why it looks good! I looked at that one just about an hour ago, if it would have had factory circle fog lights I would have bought it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not Factor 55 and dare I say a better solution from Warn. Built in shackle means one less part to look for and one less part to lug along.

TY for showing something other then FACTOR 55. I like that it is black as well.

Is this the Epic side winder? If I just did not understand how it worked!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts