Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hours and hours on the this forum - Ive decide to purchase a NEW 2015 factory ordered Jeep Unlimited Rubicon.

I want all the bells and whistles! (Fully loaded to Max) I will add a lift/tires/bumper/etc after a few years and then phase into the off-road life.

Please look at my list that the dealer sent me - am I missing anything beside the 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio - do I have a fully loaded Rubicon?

Do i have the right top selection - I want body colored hard top with the soft top installed on the inside.

If i choose KATZKIN PREMIUM LEATHER GROUP - does that mean i CAN choose my own colour?

Thank you for your time

Model: Wrangler Unlimited
Trim: 4WD 4dr Rubicon

Options:
BLACK, CLOTH SEATS W/ADJUSTABLE HEAD RESTRAINTS
CONNECTIVITY GROUP
DUAL TOP GROUP
BODY-COLOUR JEEP FREEDOM TOP HARDTOP
BLACK JEEP FREEDOM TOP HARDTOP
BODY COLOUR FENDER FLARES
RADIO: UCONNECT 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
ALPINE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM
HEATED FRONT SEATS
REMOTE START SYSTEM
AIR CONDITIONING W/AUTO TEMP CONTROL

KATZKIN PREMIUM LEATHER GROUP

3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO
ENGINE: 3.6L PENTASTAR VVT V6
TRANSMISSION: AUTOMATIC
Exterior Colour: BRIGHT WHITE

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You want the 4:10's. 3.73's are adequate with bigger tires but 4.10's are perfect for 33 t 35 inch tires, especially for daily drivers. It's a $500 option but regearing would cost your several thousand.

I don't think you can get much else besides what you're getting. The soft top, as far as I know, won't fit under the hard top. It's in addition to it and you would have to remove the hard top and then install the soft top and it's hardware.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hood - Im in Canada - its not even an option on the build sheet - BUT - i will ask - those hoods look fantastic

4.10 ratio - The dealer told me - that it makes the jeep slower off the start - and it get worse gas milage - is that right?

thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealer has no clue then. I have no idea why they made it an option on autos. It already comes standard in manual transmission. Do yourself a favor pay the $595 I think and do it. It is a $1500 approx after market and then you have warranty issues. Have it done on build and you will be all set. Plus it costs more to regear to 410 over 456 aftermarket also. I would definitely do it. Why spend approx $40k for 373 gears. Hard rock package idk about looked at a 2 door and outside front bumper didn't impress me much for price tag difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the "Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar" package would get you the full-leather Katzkin seats, 9-speaker Alpine premium sound, and heated seats for $2,000. The package price is a savings over purchasing those items separately.

EDIT: This Thread has discusses the factory-installed Katzkin leather seats that come with the "premium sound and leather by mopar" package. Gray is the color.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Axle ratio--I got the 4.10's and they feel great. Further, the edition of weight and bigger tires hasn't killed the acceleration.

Leather--it is cheaper to order Katzkin leather seat covers after the fact (even factoring in installation costs) and you have more options in terms of deviating stitching, various color panels, etc.

Radio--I like the 430N better, but I don't think the 730 is a fine choice.

Auto-temp--I read numerous threads and decided against it.

Painted top and flares--it is a lot of money, and I think it makes the Jeep look like a Hummer. Whether that is good or bad is a personal choice.

NO SIDE AIR BAGS? Belts help in frontal collisions, not so much in side impacts. But these do. I am always amazed at the numb of folks who don't add this option--you can't enjoy your rig if you're dead.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm also a fan of the 430. You are missing the Connectivity group. (Just looked again and noticed it was your second item, sorry) This gives you the EVIC and the steering wheel controls for your phone and voice commands for the 730 or 430.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll add my voice to the 4.10 gears chorus, don't give that a second thought. I'll also suggest the side airbags, one of the reason I factory ordered mine was so I would have the side airbags. Hopefully you'll never have to know if was money well spent!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The 430/730 headunits are not best you can get but they are very reliable and draw little attention when the top or doors are off.

4.10 is definitely the best choice. It provides a lot more flexibility than 3.73 unless fuel economy is most important to you.

Connectivity package?
Tow package???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Things I learned today...

Add the 4.10 axle Ratio
Katzkin Seats - do it aftermarket
Side Air Bags - cause you never know
Swap 730n for the 430n
Air Conditioning only comes with auto temp - up here in CAD
I love this site

Thank to everyone that helped out

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
True on max tow. I got Qtech's hitch and harness and rubber plug for under $80 (US) delivered. Install took maybe 15 minutes, and that is because I was stalling and checking other things out while doing it. 4 bolts, and you have to remove one tail light (2 screws). Included directions with pics are very good.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Max tow is a lot cheaper if you add it aftermarket. Very easy to install also.
... And you can get a 7 pin Mopar harness so that you have B+ voltage right at the rear bumper. :)

Are there any AEV dealers in Canada? If so, you might look at the JK350 package. Pretty awesome setup. :beerdrinking:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I've already mentioned this to bello in a PM, but I thought I'd throw it out here, in case anyone sees this thread in the future.

Since he's in Canada, I recommended the block heater. I also told him to consider the smoker's group for the extra cigarette lighter SOCKET (not the lighter itself, LOL).

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts