Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My build sheet says "LSAP Security Alarm" and the panic button works on the key bit when I lock the door I don't get a horn chirp and if I reach in to open a door while locked nothing goes off. Is this expected for an 09 rubicon?
Are there settings to enable or disable the chirp or alarm altogether?

Thanks!

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
If you lock the Jeep with the remote key fob, a red light should blink on the dash and the alarm should go off if you open a door without unlocking with the remote. If that doesn't happen, your alarm isn't working. The horn 'chirp' on locking (or lights flashing) can be turned on or off with EVIC if you have it, or some other technique (check the manual) if you don't have EVIC.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked under the dash and there are signs of an aftermarket alarm having once been installed so I'm guessing factory was disabled. Just wondering if anyone knew how to enable it before I went searching through the book :)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
On my 2010 the alarm is activated when you lock the doors while a door is still open. You can lock it with the key fob or the switch on the door. If you lock the Jeep after you close the doors, the alarm is not activated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cavsvet74 said:
On my 2010 the alarm is activated when you lock the doors while a door is still open. You can lock it with the key fob or the switch on the door. If you lock the Jeep after you close the doors, the alarm is not activated.
I get that's how it's supposed to work but like I said above, it seems an aftermarket alarm was installed at so,e point and the factory was disabled. I've heard there is a way to configure that via the info center in the instrument cluster but I'm not familiar with that. Or perhaps it was unplugged somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts