Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of the bump stops length on my 2000 TJ. the jeep does not have a lift so is this the correct length for a factory ride? Or has a bump stop extension been added? This is the front and the rears do not have this length of stops.

Vendor
This is a pic of the bump stops length on my 2000 TJ. the jeep does not have a lift so is this the correct length for a factory ride? Or has a bump stop extension been added? This is the front and the rears do not have this length of stops.

Hmmmmmm, I don't necessarily see an extension, but the distance between the stop and the axle seems pretty short. Are the springs just really saggy? Do you have a lot of weight on the front of the Jeep? Is it sitting level? Can you take a picture like this with flash? With a little more info we might be able to give you a better answer.

-Ryan

Registered
yup that's factory. the distance between the bumpstop cup and the pad should be about 4". rear should be pretty much the same. the jounce looks pretty deteriorated, may need replaced if its brittle. should be somewhat soft. Crown Automotive sells replacement jounces.

Registered
Edit the rear is 2 inches higher than the front.
are you basing this off measurements of uptravel from the bumpstop pad to the cup, or the horribly inaccurate measurements off the flares and tires?

did you also realize the jeep shouldn't be perfectly level? it gets some rake from the factory so when you load passengers and/or gear in the back you're not dragging your arse around like a dog with worms.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am starting to install a lift and the measurement is from the center of the wheel to the flare. The Zone kit comes with bump stop extensions and i just wanted to be sure that I did not already have some in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts