Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know where I could buy a factory carpet kit? I want the same exact one as I have now but in Black. If so how much? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dealership- probably like $500
just go to any autozone and buy the duplicolor carpet spray paint and paint it. i wanted to do the same thing as you, but it would be cheaper if i just sprayed them and less of a hassle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
For factory carpet, try ebay for used portions. They're easy enough to find for a TJ (not so much for our LJ...). From what I remember, buying used will be somewhere between $200-300. I was looking specifically at LJ pieces, though. TJ is likely somewhat cheaper.

If you don't feel like paying that much for something used, this is the best factory-equivalent option I've found so far: Molded carpet. You can also opt to get it with mass-backing for increased sound and temperature insulation.

Or, you can take our black carpeting for free. It's cheap and looks like trash, but you're more than welcome to it. Please take it. We'll pay you to take it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
For factory carpet, try ebay for used portions. They're easy enough to find for a TJ (not so much for our LJ...). From what I remember, buying used will be somewhere between $200-300. I was looking specifically at LJ pieces, though. TJ is likely somewhat cheaper.

If you don't feel like paying that much for something used, this is the best factory-equivalent option I've found so far: Molded carpet. You can also opt to get it with mass-backing for increased sound and temperature insulation.

Or, you can take our black carpeting for free. It's cheap and looks like trash, but you're more than welcome to it. Please take it. We'll pay you to take it...
Bought molded with insul behind it from Morris 4 x 4, so simple to install! 2 years old and holding up nicely!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in the midst of installing BedRug's new Jeep carpeting. They miss-boxed some of the rears, so I am waiting for that to come in, but I have the front done. Quality is better than some of the carpets I have installed, but it is different than standard carpets.

I'll have more of a write-up later.

·
Registered
354 Posts
JeepOnRock said:
I'm in the midst of installing BedRug's new Jeep carpeting. They miss-boxed some of the rears, so I am waiting for that to come in, but I have the front done. Quality is better than some of the carpets I have installed, but it is different than standard carpets.

I'll have more of a write-up later.
Ahh, forgot about BedRug! That's what I'm wanting to do, but I haven't found it for the LJ. Anyone know if it exists for the LJ yet? Seems like a great concept. Would love to see a detailed write-up and your opinions on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts