Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's irrelevant and doesn't pertain to lifts, tires, gears, or light bars but this morning I noticed the front factory cup-holder is larger than the rear.:beerme:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes. You are correct.

Case Closed! :bop:

Reactions: Bobnh

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I know it's irrelevant and doesn't pertain to lifts, tires, gears, or light bars but this morning I noticed the front factory cup-holder is larger than the rear.:beerme:
That is so it can hold your beer can in a koozie....:beerme:

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I haven't noticed that! I will look BUT, I will say, these cup holders are the best I've ever had. No flaps inside to wear out, they always grip.... I put some of those red JEEP inserts from EBAY and they look nice too!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Jeeps don't need cup holders. There is no way to drink from a cup with the way they ride.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I haven't noticed that! I will look BUT, I will say, these cup holders are the best I've ever had. No flaps inside to wear out, they always grip.... I put some of those red JEEP inserts from EBAY and they look nice too!
Caution in regard to those Chinese cup holder inserts for the JL/JLU. A whole bunch of JL owner's had them warp and melt in the Summer heat and cause permanent staining/damage to the JL. No way would I install them..

For those interested in cup holder liners for the JL, there is a company in Daytona Beach, Florida that offers a dual foam liner/insert. These inserts are made in Daytona Beach and do not warp or melt on even the hottest Florida, Summer days. I have these liners and can vouch that they are nice and hold up in Summer heat.

Find them here: https://www.tufskinz.com/product/interior-cup-holder-inserts-fits-2019-wrangler-jl-kits-vary

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was hoping this was going to be a thread about the random stuff we leave in our cup holders, forget about, and then find months later. I found a fastener for my inner fender flare once.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Jeeps don't need cup holders. There is no way to drink from a cup with the way they ride.

However, I can arrive at my camp site, with my shake even more shaken than when I left the Kwik-E-Mart.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The cupholders stink. Put a 12 oz cup of coffee in the rear one, it sinks up to the lid and then you need to grab the lid to pull it out. How long before the lid comes off as your doing this spilling everywhere?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Caution in regard to those Chinese cup holder inserts for the JL/JLU. A whole bunch of JL owner's had them warp and melt in the Summer heat and cause permanent staining/damage to the JL. No way would I install them..

For those interested in cup holder liners for the JL, there is a company in Daytona Beach, Florida that offers a dual foam liner/insert. These inserts are made in Daytona Beach and do not warp or melt on even the hottest Florida, Summer days. I have these liners and can vouch that they are nice and hold up in Summer heat.

Find them here: https://www.tufskinz.com/product/interior-cup-holder-inserts-fits-2019-wrangler-jl-kits-vary
Thanks for the heads up! These are the ones I have. So far so good...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-D...558363?hash=item1cd1a8651b:g:AdcAAOSw6cxc5RwC

Wow check out these door net pockets w/cup/waterbottle holder
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pair-Fro...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The cupholders stink. Put a 12 oz cup of coffee in the rear one, it sinks up to the lid and then you need to grab the lid to pull it out. How long before the lid comes off as your doing this spilling everywhere?
Who drinks a 12 oz coffee? :whistling: The minimum size coffee I can live with is a 16 oz coffee. My normal morning is a 30 oz yeti cup.

Throw a hockey puck in the holder to elevate that baby coffee. :p

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I found out the hard way that you can't drink from an open cup when topless, doorless, and doing 70 MPH on a windy day.. The contents get sucked out of the cup and spray all over the place. What a mess :)

Even small mouth bottles (like Snapple etc) can be a challenge once you twist the top off.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I enjoy listening to the rants of you newer Jeep owners. Cup holders? Don't they interfere with the on-board espresso maker?
Espresso, bah! My onboard latte maker is the best accessory ever.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I enjoy listening to the rants of you newer Jeep owners. Cup holders? Don't they interfere with the on-board espresso maker?
:funnypost: wait, when did Jeep start adding those? I never got one in my Jeep.....all I got was manual windows, manual locks and a Man pedal.....I feel cheated now :pullinghair::pcwhack:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts