Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Sport and am not sure if it is wired for factory fog lights. I have attached pics of the fuse panel behind the glove box, wiring plug where the factory switch would be in the dash and a plug I found in the engine bay just above the drivers side fender. I purchased some oem fog lights and want to wire the without having to go the aftermarket route....please help. drivers side engine bay.jpg

fuse panel.jpg

plug in empyt switch spot.jpg

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You are pre-wired for fogs, at least to a point. The picture of your fuse box shows the two fog light relays...here's your picture with them pointed out. The connector behind your switch panel is your fog light switch connector if it has a dark green/yellow, a brown/white, an orange, and a black wire..I couldn't tell from the photo (bad eyes).

If there is not a connector near your grill with light blue and black wires, the fog light circuit most likely ends in the connector close to the firewall on the driver's side inside the inner fender well. It will be right over the top of the abs tray against the fender. You will see a light blue wire coming into the connector in the harness that comes from the firewall, but not a corresponding light blue that comes out the other part of the connector. If that is the case, you can tie your fogs on to that light blue (as long as they are not over 55 watts each), install a switch and possibly a fuse, and it all should work. You can ground your fogs to any good ground.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts