Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find a thread without using the mopar kit.
So i have a 2017 sport with cloth seats no heat.
I installed the factory switch panel with the heated seats buttons.
I have obtained a pair of 2016 heated sahara seats i will be installing this week.
What other parts do i need to make this work? Im assuming once the parts are in i can take to the dealer and have them unlock the option?
I do not want to install the mopar heating kit.
Any help?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I couldnt find a thread without using the mopar kit.
So i have a 2017 sport with cloth seats no heat.
I installed the factory switch panel with the heated seats buttons.
I have obtained a pair of 2016 heated sahara seats i will be installing this week.
What other parts do i need to make this work? Im assuming once the parts are in i can take to the dealer and have them unlock the option?
I do not want to install the mopar heating kit.
Any help?
I have never looked, but does a non-heated seat Jeep have the heated seat wire harness under the carpet? If not then switches or no switches you will have no power to the seats.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You may also need a dealer to update the option codes on your Jeep to add heated seats. I would be very surprised if the factory hardware (once you figure out what you need) works without an option code update.

Joe

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Not to sound condescending here, i appreciate you guys chiming in but did you actually read what i wrote?
Ya, I read it and quoted it. What part of what I said was not relevant? You said you installed the switch panel and have seats coming. You need wires to go from seats to switch, you did not mention if you have that part of the wiring harness.

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
Not to sound condescending here, i appreciate you guys chiming in but did you actually read what i wrote?

I got you. One person said you don't have heated seats, but you have Sahara seats that are heated already coming and a switch panel with the needed buttons.

The question is are the necessary cables already existing in your current seats wiring harness, and is there a wiring harness already existing behind that switch panel. It would make sense if it were universal for ease of changing the assembly line. I hope someone gets you an answer. Look behind that panel and see if there are any wiring connections waiting to be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andejo

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I read your post, and while I did not have the specific answer you needed, I provided information I thought you may need.

Joe

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I got you. One person said you don't have heated seats, but you have Sahara seats that are heated already coming and a switch panel with the needed buttons.

The question is are the necessary cables already existing in your current seats wiring harness, and is there a wiring harness already existing behind that switch panel. It would make sense if it were universal for ease of changing the assembly line. I hope someone gets you an answer. Look behind that panel and see if there are any wiring connections waiting to be used.

Which guy said " you don't have heated seats"?
As for "the question," that's exactly what I asked.
This is like the twilight zone :)

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
Which guy said " you don't have heated seats"?

As for "the question," that's exactly what I asked.

This is like the twilight zone :)

Ha I must have read the post wrong. I went back and couldn't find what I was talking about. Guess I need another beer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find the wiring harness and other items you need for this to work?
I also noticed that there are fuses needed for heated seats as well in the fuse box.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still working on it. I should know soon. I got a vin for a manual all options rubicon, i ordered the tipm and ecm for that vin and will try it probably this weekend. Still working on getting the correct wiring harness(s) in place. The thinking here is if im using rubicon computers it should recognize the seats. I hope anyway.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I’m confused. What would need to be unlocked?
Wouldn’t you run wires from the fuse box to a switch and the heaters?
I plan on adding heated seats to the front and rear of my ‘16 JKUWW

Reactions: bill61

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
^^^^ Confused with all that, but my 2016 JKU sport did not come with heated seats so I bought some on ebay for about $50 and put them in . Much better to have heated seats.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OEM dude not the mickey mouse aftermarket heaters.

Sometimes i feel like at least half the people on this forum are really golden retrievers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts