Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering about the FACTORY INSTALL PROCEDURE of the TeraFlex Hinged Carrier.

I'm wondering if it is done IN THE FACTORY in ways like we would add the TF Carrier.

In other words, we take the original painted hinges off, find unpainted areas behind and mount the TF Carrier and then reuse the painted bolts...

OR

...if the factory install procedure already takes the TF Carrier in account during assembly and the factory first paints the ENTIRE rear door and only then adds the TF Carrier with unpainted bolts.

Actually if someone with a Factory Install could check, I believe painted hinge bolts on a Factory Install would be 'a give away' of the factory doing essentially the same as we do by adding the TF to a finished body.

The reason for my question is because if
Factory Install of the TF Carrier as a factory option cost more than the DIY retrofit, but if it turns out that the Factory Install includes a fully painted rear door, then a Factory Install might be worth the extra few bucks after all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I think I read that it is shipped with the Jeep and installed as part of the dealer prep stage prior to going to the customer or out on the lot.

Reactions: Wrangleur

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kind of makes sense for it to be a dealer add-on.

If I think more about it, I guess the factory probably just churns out tubs (with regular hinges and rear doors attached) that are first painted and THEN customized to customer specifications / built up as vehicles.

It probably would not make sense to 'mess up' the flow of production with a few custom carrier hinge 'oddities'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts