Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Depends on how many times it has to switch transport methods ie train/truck I would guess you'll get it at around 2-5 miles on it. As far as how much is to much? That's up to you. I suppose I'd be upset if it had over 25 miles on it but I don't think it would stop me from buying it. Mine had 2 miles on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine had 8? The car salesman mentioned he drove it up the the gas station to fill it up. I imagine that's where a couple came from and it was a full tank. I'd say under 25 mile for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I seem to recall mine had 3 miles on it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Some Wranglers are randomly chosen for additional quality testing. If yours is chosen, there could be more miles on the odometer than what's been mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I bought mine off the lot and it only had 7 miles on it before my test drive. Guess I was pretty lucky that it wasn't driven very much.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
On my third one, fewest was my custom build '12 I think it had 4.6 on it. Second was dealer trade '14 and it had 12 miles. My '15 also dealer trade was 40 I think. The trading dealership mentioned that it had had a few test drives. No problems with any of them!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine had 10 on it when I took delivery.They had to fill it up with gas on site before I left that night, so maybe mine got picked for extra inspections? I did get transferred in and out of "bays" several times before it hit KZ. I was expecting less mileage, but maybe that explains it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
5 when I test drove it 12 when I bought it

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had 1 mile on mine. Picked it up off the trailer at the dealership. If you are ordering it, it should only have a few miles on it. Just enough for the salesman to run it to the gas station and that should be about it. The sticker should have your name on it also. I thought that was kind of cool.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
i got mine off the trailer with less than five but i do not recall the exact mileage.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depends on how it is transported, either by rail or truck. By train it matters how far away the dealership is from the railyard .... and how anxious you are to get it. My dealer sent a driver over to pick it up for me which added a few miles.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Some Wranglers are randomly chosen for additional quality testing. If yours is chosen, there could be more miles on the odometer than what's been mentioned above.
My 10 Rubicon was pulled for additional quality control and it was delivered with 7 miles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine had 8 miles when it came off the truck. I had the salesman take a picture before the test drive by the dealer. The dealer put another 16 miles on it by the time I was able to pick it up after work.
I stopped by at lunchtime and looked at it. Wow was it dirty. They did a great job of detailing it in 3 hrs.
IAMHAPPY

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was told by some friends that sold cars it's typically under 10 miles unless they had someone test drive it. That seemed to make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts