Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the issue to where there factory radio reboots itself and the only thing that is lost is the EQ settings? The dealership keeps saying the radio is bad even though they have replaced twice and all 3 radios do the same thing. I don't lose my uconnect or presets just the EQ. First 2 times it happened was when I was driving and hurt a loud pop through the speakers. Every time after that it has happened when I start the vehicle. Been happening since it was 2 months old and happens about once per month.

Thanks in advance for any feedback as the service department can't figure out what the issue is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For what it's worth I've had that happen to mine (2016) a few times but never thought much of it. GPS still works, only lost the EQ settings. I never pinpointed it to anything specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have also had mine reboot a few times as well, not enough for me to complain, I would say 2 or 3 times in the past 14 months i have owned this one.

In my 13 wrangler I had a similar issue with the radio (and the automatic A/C control) - It would often shut down and re-boo. I just chalked it up to On Board computer flaking out and re-setting. Was never annoying.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
2013 reboots every 2 months or so. I don't listen to radio stations so I can't comment on those settings. However it looses the EQ, custom picture, hard drive playback shuffle, volume and other settings. Annoying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2013 reboots every 2 months or so. I don't listen to radio stations so I can't comment on those settings. However it looses the EQ, custom picture, hard drive playback shuffle, volume and other settings. Annoying.
My 2014 also did this. Then the maps locked and I lost GPS functionality. It was replaced after an almost 6 week wait.

My new one (only about a month old) has already reset itself once. This new one also will not keep the set voice for the GPS. I am not pleased with it but I am tolerating it because it was covered under warranty. I am hoping I am not going down the same road again...but I sense that I am.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts