Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at a friends today he had extra set of steps going use but no bolts I know they use nutserts but has anyone mounted them with reg bolts and nuts or any other ways

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
some models have mounts...some dont and need nutserts

I havent seen anyone mount them other than the factory mounts or the nutserts though, sorry.

As an opinion though, dont put them on...they make your jeep lower, you get hung up on them, they're not attractive, and when you step out you always hit your pant leg on them so your pants get dirty lol

They came on mine...i took em off a few days later

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump any ideas on a way how to put these on I like them cause 4 bolts there off for the trail but with lift and tires wide and kids can get in

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I bought some bolts at tractor supply & just drilled through the frame. If you go this route just pay attention to the driver side & move break lines before breaking through.

·
Registered
951 Posts
its easy to do with nutserts, just buy them and make the 7$ installation tool. took me an hr to put 8 nutserts in

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think im going stop at hardware store get some grade 8 bolts and weld the nuts on the holes and be done with it

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sounds like more work than its worth. Nutserts are cheap, i found them on ebay for 15$, i paid more at the dealer. Also looks cleaner if u take the steps off later

·
Registered
123 Posts
If i could go back, I also wouldn't install the side steps. I got them for 40 bucks but they get filled up with mud and we never use them any way.

Nutserts are pretty easy though, I went to a local hardware store and got all the stuff I needed for 15 bucks. I did have to drill the holes a little wider for the nutserts to fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts