Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want theses factory style side steps for my jeep but all the websites say they only fit 01-06 models and I have a 2000. Even went to the dealers and they were not to helpful. Will they really not fit on my 2000 wrangler? Thanks

Attachments

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I have a set available off my '01. If you're not to far and want to come try them and see if they fit...... Freshly painted and everything... :)

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Those look like the steps I had on my 98 sport... might just be different mounting style / location.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I've got a set off my 2000 sitting in my shop...NOT freshly painted like IG's :D..regular use, ok shape. All hardware should be there.

Most owners take those OFF soon after they buy 'em...So i'm sure you could find a decent set of used...

$30 + shipping and i'll send you mine :)

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I hate them, all they do is get the back of your pants dirty when getting out of the jeep. Personally I do with out anything.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I hate them, all they do is get the back of your pants dirty when getting out of the jeep. Personally I do with out anything.
I have those on my 99. They aren't good for more than stepping on. Mine have deep gouges in them from driving through some brush.
Just thought I'd share that.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
They also make you enter the vehicle abnormally, I go in right leg first but with these you need to step on the step with your left foot and then swing in your right and my mind does not work thay way after driving for 43 years.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
They also make you enter the vehicle abnormally, I go in right leg first but with these you need to step on the step with your left foot and then swing in your right and my mind does not work thay way after driving for 43 years.
+1 minus the 43 yrs part.

I couldn't get my brain to work well enough to use them, and my short wife hops in the jeep like nothing...so I took em off.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
+1 minus the 43 yrs part.

I couldn't get my brain to work well enough to use them, and my short wife hops in the jeep like nothing...so I took em off.
lol...my short prego wife is realizing its getting harder by the month to get in and out....:rofl:

Oh how i love her!....looks like i'll be getting a milk crate for her to climb up on to..lol

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
lol...my short prego wife is realizing its getting harder by the month to get in and out....:rofl:

Oh how i love her!....looks like i'll be getting a milk crate for her to climb up on to..lol
Congrats on the kid on the way. It was only yesterday my first of 4 came. Now she is 30.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can't get my factory steps off. The bolt disappears into the frame and I can't wrench it off. Any ideas?
There is a nutsert inside the frame that the bolt threads into. Does it seem that the nutsert is spinning and the bolt just wont back out? Mine did that and I just ground the head off the bolt and pulled em off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There is a nutsert inside the frame that the bolt threads into. Does it seem that the nutsert is spinning and the bolt just wont back out? Mine did that and I just ground the head off the bolt and pulled em off.
That's exactly what's happening. I'll try what you suggested. Thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts