Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06' unlimited with all factory speakers and an aftermarket cd player, when I have FM radio selected all the speakers sound good and the subwoofer nicely compliments my country music. However, when I play a CD or plug my IPOD in the subwoofer is non-existent. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similiar problem?? Or perhaps knew something more than I do about this. I have tried searching the forum for this with no luck, and I havent spoke with a stereo shop yet. I figure it's something internally wrong with the head unit, but wanted to ask ya'll before spending and potentially wasting money...thanx in advance!

·
Registered
338 Posts
my guess would be your aftermarket radio has both a power antenna & amp turn on wire.. and sounds like power antenna, from radio, is hooked up to your amp turn on.. when this happens it's only on for radio and nothing else.

lucky not whole system is amplified bc if it was it would only work for radio.. the amp turn on wire is normaly blue w/ a white stripe. just double check and make sure all is hooked up correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts