Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 2 door Sahara that I leased as I wasnt Sure If i'd enjoy the Wrangler Experience. Now that Im a fan and have purchased the lease outright i was wondering if the lifetime warranty carried over as im still considered the Original owner? anyone know the answer to this?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so chrysler financial is considered the original owner? wow that seems shady

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I say it should also. No one has driven it but you.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I stand corrected. The warranty information is available on www.jeep.com

A. Who Is Covered?​
You are covered by the Lifetime Powertrain
Limited Warranty if you are the first registered
owner or lessee for use of the vehicle sold.
Subsequent owners or lessees, even if they are
within the same family or business, are not
covered. Successor business entities or
persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by​
operation of law are also not covered.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2007 after July only, before is not eligible.

okay chrysler did get back to me ....the warranty dept told me I am listed as the original owner and the Warranties do carry over IF the original lessee buys the vehicle. , thanks everyone

·
Registered
523 Posts
this is only for 2007 though right? that is, the issues with transferring warranties. any other year after 2007 the warranty automatically transfers correct?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would assume with any year the warranty would carry over if your the original lessee and buy your lease out.

as far as the unlimited powertrain warranty, im not sure how long they offered that

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
i have a 2007 2 door Sahara that I leased as I wasnt Sure If i'd enjoy the Wrangler Experience. Now that Im a fan and have purchased the lease outright i was wondering if the lifetime warranty carried over as im still considered the Original owner? anyone know the answer to this?
My "kneejerk" response is yes,you do still maintain the warranty,provided your name is written the same as the original leasee.That would be my take, but you can't trust Chrysler,due diligence,and find out.

Good luck

AJ:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
2007 after July only, before is not eligible.

okay chrysler did get back to me ....the warranty dept told me I am listed as the original owner and the Warranties do carry over IF the original lessee buys the vehicle. , thanks everyone

were you able to negotiate the end of lease purchase price or did chrysler stick to their original end of lease purchase price?

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
this is only for 2007 though right? that is, the issues with transferring warranties. any other year after 2007 the warranty automatically transfers correct?
The lifetime powertrain warranty is NOT transferable. It was available up until the 2010 MY.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is it a leased vehicle? if so and you buy it it will transfer over to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts