Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a thread on another forum [Chevy truck forum], I got to wondering if the stock wheel of a 2-wheel drive Jeep JK had around 4" BS instead of a 4-WD's 6". It was said on the thread that 4-WD Chevy trucks had about 6" BS and a 2-WD Chevy truck had about 4'BS. If this is true with Jeep JK's, then we could use 2-WD JK OEM wheels to solve the problem with wider tires. Anyone know the backspacing of the 2-WD Jeep JK ? AND by the way, this is my first post !! I have been reading for a couple years even though I bought my new 2010 2 dr.JK sport [6 speed] last may.This is my favorite forum , have learned tons from here . you guys and gals are great!!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I highly doubt Jeep used different wheels on the 2WD version.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
x2...... But excellent attempt to solve lots of problems.... :) Pretty sure the 2WD's have the same tires as the 4x4's, which would indicate that they all share the same wheels too... given that the bs would be needed to keep the tires under the flares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts