Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2006 wrangler x that has never had fog lights on it but is prewired from the factory. If I buy replacement lights with the adapters on them will they work when I Have the headlights on? The headlight control arm on the column does not have a fog light control on it though

·
Registered
237 Posts
Trace the wires to see where they plug into or stop behind the dash. If they are not plugged in then just add lights and a toggle switch. I like having a separate switch for fog/driving lights. If they do plug in somewhere you could always rewire it to a toggle if you wanted.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Most OEM fog light kits come with a new multifunction switch with a fog light position to be plug and play, and the factory replacement switch kills the fogs when you turn on the high beams. Like those guys said, you can still use their harness if you want to with your own switch and have the fogs on whenever you want to depending on how you wire the aftermarket fog switch. I usually set mine up with a so that power comes from one of the parking light wires, through my own switch, back to the coil of my own relay. The power contacts of the relay power up the fogs. That way, if at least the parking lights are on, the fogs work, so I don't leave them on and run down the battery.
I suppose you could still use part of the factory harness if you wanted to run it this way.
There also may be a fuse place for the factory harness that is missing its fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts