Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had my Warn Elite Series rear bumper and tire carrier installed on my 2012 JKU and here are the results.

I thought surely the shop must have installed this ugly off-center thing incorrectly, but I decided to contact Warn first just to make sure. I sent them the same photo I posted above.

The reply I got was this:

"Hello Debbie,

Yes, that is normal for the Elite tire carrier (The off center is to allow easy access of the gate handle).
Chris J. Rofinot
Warn Industries Customer Service Representative
[email protected]
800-543-9276*Ext: 4430"

All I can say is REALLY, WARN!?!? REALLY?? This is a mess and I expected more from you! I'm pretty OCD, but I'm fairly certain that no one that sees this photo and reads Warn's email saying it is supposed to be like this will waste $1300 on this bumper/tire carrier combination, OCD or not.

Now I'm out $1300 and need a better setup still. I can't drive around with this mess on my rig! Warn has not replied to my email expressing my displeasure.

Buyer beware...unless you like your Jeep lopsided. I don't.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I believe AEV's tire carrier is off centered as well. Thats why i went with the Teraflex hinge.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That sucks man. I've seen complainants about that tire carrier being off center in other threads. I'm sure someone will end up flaming you and tell you that it's a Jeep and doesn't have to look pretty, but I'm pretty OCD myself and it would bother me too.

It's disappointing to hear Warn won't work with you. They should realize that Jeep owners actually talk to each other...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have AEV's and it is the same. I don't think much of the offset either, its a matter of aesthetics or functionality really. I think it would look better centered but functionally it makes sense. It will grow on you, don't sweat it too much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it will ever grow on me...ever. I wouldn't have selected this carrier if Warn mentioned somewhere that it was off-center, or so much as provided a stock photo straight-on so people looking at it could see what they are getting. I think the light up top is what pushes me over the edge. It just looks stupid so far off center. I'm going to remove it and see if my brain will learn to accept the tire off-center.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't think it will ever grow on me...ever. I wouldn't have selected this carrier if Warn mentioned somewhere that it was off-center, or so much as provided a stock photo straight-on so people looking at it could see what they are getting. I think the light up top is what pushes me over the edge. It just looks stupid so far off center. I'm going to remove it and see if my brain will learn to accept the tire off-center.
I was going to suggest removing the light and trying the AEV CHMSL or the lug nut lights.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I considered cutting a spacer that moves it over.... but there is other stuff I want to do worse.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's off center so that you can still access the door handle. With this type of design (similar to AEV and Ace), the off center is intentional and allows for larger tires to not get in the way of opening / closing the tailgate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only slightly. Nothing anywhere near that hideous.

OP: Did you not look at photos before you bought???
Of course I did!! Find me a stock photo from Warn that shows how ugly this thing is! It doesn't exist, which is my biggest complaint! All of their stock photos are taken at an angle, I assume to purposely hide how off-center it is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great!! I will look into that. Really appreciate the help! I really like the mechanics of this carrier so hope I can make it look agreeable to my OCD brain.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have had mine on for a while now and have no issues with it being off center. I prefer clear access to the door handle and like how it is integrated to the door for ease of opening. A positive note is I have a step when I wash the Jeep.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not that you probably want to do it but I bet a local fab shop could move it over for you to put the tire mount on center.....they might be able to make an adapter plate to move it over without actually modifying your original mount at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the pic...how does that not drive you batty? I'm hoping that just removing the light will make it tolerable for me.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.