Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my jeep to pepboys today for an inspection. The tech said he had to fail me because my tires stick out past the wheel well. Anybody else run into an issue like this?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I live in the southeastern pennsylvania area. If anyone around knows a place to get my jeep inspected please let me know.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Most places will not turn a blind eye on an inspection because they can lose their license. Best thing to do is post up in the local area or if you have a buddy with smaller wheels and tires on his jeep and ask to borrow some so they dont stick out and then get it inspected then put your wheels and tires back on. Big pain in the butt, but they may be the only way to get it done. good luck

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The law is the law. You either need tires that don't stick out past the flares or you need wider flares to cover your tires.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
oh I love you Texas.

surely there is someone on the forum in your area that wouldnt mind trading you for a few hours for a 6 pack!

·
Registered
822 Posts
You have two options, borrow some wheels/tires from someone who has stockers; or as previously mentioned you could get new flares..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hit up the forums near you. Someone would be more than happy to switch tires with you guarantee it. I had to do that when I bought my cj. Brought a six pack to this guys place and we put his wife's Kia on blocks and he let me borrow the tires (she was away on a business trip) Lmao good times

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same thing happened to me but the bitch is my own dealership (I sell cars) failed me. They passed me for everything else but failed me for my tires sticking out too far. Any lick and stick in Philly should pass you. I don't think the little corner mechanic shop gets audited like the big places so that's my advice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts