Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on brand new stock style Tail Lights. Made in USA, but bulbs come from China. That's not the problem. I replaced the bulbs with LED's.
I put turn signal on, all 4 lights start flashing.
The LED's were equivalent to a standard 1157 bulb. I went back to AutoZone where I bought them, and they had no answer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
U sure its the bulbs not the wiring.. you may neeed a led flasher.. never seen all four usually the flash fast or stay on.. if wires a correct I would try the led flasher..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
U sure its the bulbs not the wiring.. you may neeed a led flasher.. never seen all four usually the flash fast or stay on.. if wires a correct I would try the led flasher..
yes.upgrade flasher relay. it's a stanton relay I believe.google it.many forums.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You nees to swap your flasher to an electronic type. Everyone sells them. Old style used the bulbs resistance as a load to run the flasher. Leds do not have the resistance so you need to use a timed flasher.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Is there one contact on the bottom of the bulb or two? That is the only reason I know that all 4 lights would flash when turning the turn signal on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this on ebay. Suppose to work.
12 Volt 2 Prong Turn Signal Flasher For Both LED Standard bulbs

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
just go to your favorite parts house and ask for an EL 12 flasher.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A bad 2 prong flasher will not cause all 4 lights to flash at the same time. The only thing that will cause the right and left side to flash simultaneously is a short in the switch (unlikely ) or a single contact bulb shorting across a double contact socket. I worked in the used car business for 40 years and have seen people install 1156 bulbs in a 1157 socket more than once with the same results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts