Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Texas state inspection.

I bought an 07 Rubicon last week from a guy that let the inspection expire in May. He put the smoke colored lenses on the front turn signals and back taillights. I'm having a hard time finding cheap replacement lenses just to pass inspection, then put the smoke colored lenses back on...any help?

·
Retired Moderator
100,514 Posts
Salvage yard and or craigslist:thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Can you get away with just removing the covers, leaving the lights in place and applying some of the colored "light tape" around the bulbs? Orange for turn and red for brake. I don't live in a state with inspections, so I am not sure how much scrutiny there is, but seems like it would be "technical" enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you get away with just removing the covers, leaving the lights in place and applying some of the colored "light tape" around the bulbs? Orange for turn and red for brake. I don't live in a state with inspections, so I am not sure how much scrutiny there is, but seems like it would be "technical" enough.
I looked at it for the first time and it's the whole damn assemblies...the lenses don't come off.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Would it look good in clear lenses, and would they pass? It might be a good first mod or you could always resell the new ones afterwards or 'rent' them out to local Jeeps. For that matter, you might want to check the local groups for a lead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts