Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this guy that is trying to sell me his full YJ doors. He told me to make him an offer. But idk how much to offer him. They don't match my jeep's paint job so I would still have to get them painted... They need new mirrors too. What sounds like a fair price??? And will they fit properly if I have a factory style soft top?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah, they'll fit....and those doors sell all day on ebay for 2-3 hundred per....offer him 350 for the pair and if he takes it, you stole em....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This guy doesn't even drive a jeep! He just owns a used car dealership. I don't know if he realizes how much they are worth... And I'm gonna offer to trade my half doors for his full doors...

·
Registered
553 Posts
I traded a set of half doors and $150 for my hard doors. Screw it, tell him $150 for the set. Hard doors will have a gap when using a soft top.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I sold a pair that needed work for $350........ white.... but good mirrors....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BDK said:
I traded a set of half doors and $150 for my hard doors. Screw it, tell him $150 for the set. Hard doors will have a gap when using a soft top.
See! That's the type of info I needed! How big of a gap is there? Like 1 inch? 2 inch? What are we talking here?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Wow!!...don't think i would have given any boot on that deal.....half steel doors sell for as much or more than full steel doors

·
Registered
275 Posts
I paid $150 for a pair with horrible rotted seals and the usual repaired crack under the vent windows. New seals will run you $300 a pair, so if you can buy decent doors under $350 you're doing well.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Wow!!...don't think i would have given any boot on that deal.....half steel doors sell for as much or more than full steel doors

I'd love to trade a great set of white half doors with black hard half tops for a great set of full doors.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a extra set that were stripped. Left them on CL for almost 6mo at $200 and no one even tried talking me down. Up here hard doors are king.

THEJAG5 said:
See! That's the type of info I needed! How big of a gap is there? Like 1 inch? 2 inch? What are we talking here?
Soft uppers have a angled corner and hard doors have a rounded. You will have a couple inch gap up top.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I stole mine I guess. 180 for pair. Matching paint no rust. Good mirrors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got my doors for free..total rust out ..all the mechanics worked though so i cut out the rust and welded new sheetmetal wich i got from scrp ben at work, i did pay 150 for hardtop, he threw the doors in just to get them outa his way, put new seals in 219.00 for both doors after shipping..persoanlly id pay 500.00 for a decent set of doors if i needed them, but better to getm cheaper if you can

·
Registered
136 Posts
paid $200 at a swap meet for mine. seemed like a good price. seen em as high as $600 for the pair. mine aren't color matched, but i don't care, the whole jeep is gonna be a different color soon. i've got a bunch of bodywork ahead of me........dang rust belt

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
frankenstienjeep said:
i got my doors for free..total rust out ..all the mechanics worked though so i cut out the rust and welded new sheetmetal wich i got from scrp ben at work, i did pay 150 for hardtop, he threw the doors in just to get them outa his way, put new seals in 219.00 for both doors after shipping..persoanlly id pay 500.00 for a decent set of doors if i needed them, but better to getm cheaper if you can
150 for a hard top!?!?!?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah it was misn one side glass wich i found 2 from ebay for 24.99 so techinally i have little less than 200., heck it even has a sunroof..lol SO DID YOU GET THE DOORS?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
frankenstienjeep said:
yeah it was misn one side glass wich i found 2 from ebay for 24.99 so techinally i have little less than 200., heck it even has a sunroof..lol SO DID YOU GET THE DOORS?
You got a really really good deal on that hard top!!!! And I think I'm gonna stick to the half doors. I live in AZ and it's getting warmer. So imma stick to the halves. I will just spend the money on some kc lights or something more useful...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts