Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 6cyl with 82000 miles on her. What is a fair price? She has no rust and no modifications. Should I trust Kelly Blue Book?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was about those specs when I picked it up a year ago for 3600. The guy didn't care for it at all so I had to do some tuning up on it. Good deal though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I-Want-A-Jeep said:
My rule of thumb is to never pay more than the KBB TRADE-IN value. And that's only if it's in excellent condition..
Awesome rule of thumb! I sold cars for close to ten years and that is what I offer when I'm buying a car. You should use NADA instead of Kelly blue book unless your on the west coast.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
My rule of thumb is to never pay more than the KBB TRADE-IN value. And that's only if it's in excellent condition..
That may work on some vehicles, but I have often found them to be junk, so the seller felt it was a good deal to off load it. But sometimes people just need money fast and are willing to take what they can get.

The norm though is that if the Seller has a well taken care of vehicle that they took pride in, and not in a rush to sell, then you are probably going to be buying it in the KBB sellers range.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wranglers command a premium in AZ. Similar to a Mustang GT. You can't touch a runner for under $5,000. For $6,000-7,000 you can get a presentable Wrangler, maybe with A/C. The price goes up fast from there. I found my sweet spot to be $10,000-12,000 for something less than 10 years old, garaged, with good paint, interior, and running strong.

·
Registered
650 Posts
That may work on some vehicles, but I have often found them to be junk, so the seller felt it was a good deal to off load it. But sometimes people just need money fast and are willing to take what they can get.

The norm though is that if the Seller has a well taken care of vehicle that they took pride in, and not in a rush to sell, then you are probably going to be buying it in the KBB sellers range.

Note where I said "And that's only if it's in excellent condition.."

I just bought my 04 with 68k, 6cyl, 5spd, softie/full doors, garaged, never been off pavement, excellent interior for $10.5k... BB retail was $13.5k and BB clean trade in was $10.8k

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought my first Wrangler! $7500 with no doors but i can always get doors for Florida. I'm looking forward to joining the group with a wave.

What doors should i be looking for to replacement the stock ones? Help the rookie please.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just bought my first Wrangler! $7500 with no doors but i can always get doors for Florida. I'm looking forward to joining the group with a wave.

What doors should i be looking for to replacement the stock ones? Help the rookie please.
You should make a new post for this. Look on craigslist. Half doors would be the easiest to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts