Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of beadlocks, and the paintable removable ring, but real beadlocks are illegal where I live. Anyone know where to buy cheaper wheels with that removable ring?

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I have the Mickey Thompson Classic Lock II's and they have the "fake bead lock" look. They also have a various # of color rings that you can switch out. They are about 225 each depending on where you get them from.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I have the level 8's.
The optional ring is for protection from rocks, etc

Here's the level 8 XZ without rings.
They also do well against the pesky curbs and parking blocks:rofl:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Rugged ridge makes a wheel with a rock ring to protect it. The wheels come in black, grey and chrome and same for the rings. I painted my rings to match the jeep.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Rugged ridge makes a wheel with a rock ring to protect it. The wheels come in black, grey and chrome and same for the rings. I painted my rings to match the jeep.

The rings are specific to the wheels they sell right? Not universal?

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have the same exact wheels and rings also. Two important things to keep in mind if you plan on doing any off-roading with the rings. First, the rings do a great job of protecting the wheels themselves, but dirt/mud/sand does work between the ring and the wheel so it does still scratch up the wheel lip quite a bit.

Second, the bolts that come on the wheel are short and really meant for look. When you buy the protection rings they send you these longer hex head bolts

perfect if you just want it for show. But your off-roading these hex bolts are a horrible idea. They can easily get sheared or rounded by any rock that the ring is suppose to protect you from. So I went ahead and bought round-headed allen bolts instead.

Sure, enough, during my first trip the bolts took a serious beating but it didn't affect my ability to remove them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts