Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What street pressure do you run these at?

·
Super Moderator
5,395 Posts
For 35's common pressures are between 28 and 32 psi cold.
28 psi will likely ride better, but 32 will likely give better mileage, especially on the highway.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think I do 30 cold.. I also did a chalk test.. to make sure I get the longest lift outta my tires. at 30 it was pretty darn good and well utilized.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Different tires but I have BFG K02 Load E, I run them around 25-27 cold. I like the ride, but I think i'm going to bring the pressure up a bit as the side can wear a little more than center at this pressure. They are fairly flat at this pressure for me, and it may be affected by the weight of your Jeep. My MPG is about standard, I don't drive a ton of miles anymore.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Different tires but I have BFG K02 Load E, I run them around 25-27 cold. I like the ride, but I think i'm going to bring the pressure up a bit as the side can wear a little more than center at this pressure. They are fairly flat at this pressure for me, and it may be affected by the weight of your Jeep. My MPG is about standard, I don't drive a ton of miles anymore.

the more air you have the more the center gets worn down..

the lower the air the more the sides get worn down..

when i did my chalk test, i put my tires at 40PSI, at 40, only the center was touching/being worn..

I run hankook at2s 315/70/17s

just do the chalk test to get the right psi for you tires.. its very easy to do.

40PSI:

30 PSI:

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,261 Posts
I don't have 35 Wildpeaks I have their 34's (285/75R17) and I run them at 30 cold..
I have the same size on a light JK (4500lbs). I run them at 30 around town in the summer, and 35 on long road trips and in the winter for better traction on icy roads.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the more air you have the more the center gets worn down..

the lower the air the more the sides get worn down..

when i did my chalk test, i put my tires at 40PSI, at 40, only the center was touching/being worn..

just do the chalk test to get the right psi for you tires.. its very easy to do.
Yes, I was saying at my low pressure there will be more shoulder wear (sides) versus center wear. I will likely bring them up a bit.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, I was saying at my low pressure there will be more shoulder wear (sides) versus center wear. I will likely bring them up a bit.

your right, i mis-read that.. :tomatoes:

·
Registered
588 Posts

30 PSI:

Those photos make it appear that at 30 PSI you're running on the inside edge of the tire - might need an alignment (or the photo is misleading).

-

·
Registered
306 Posts
Those photos make it appear that at 30 PSI you're running on the inside edge of the tire - might need an alignment (or the photo is misleading).

-

last alignment, my camber is a hair off.. they are E rated and my jeep isnt that heavy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts