Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It is my understanding that the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W has 20/32" tread depth new for the 35"x12.5"x17" tire size. For those of you who have this same exact tire, how many miles do you have on your tire, and what is the current tread depth? I am trying to determine what the actual tread wear average is for these tires.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I have been running my 35" AT3Ws for one year and although I daily drive on mine and I have recently subjected them to an extreme Baja run, they look relatively new, tread depth has had little impact and there has surprisingly been zero tread chunking. I will have mine rotated and balanced at Americas Tire next month, so I will have the exact tread numbers to provide to you.

The picture was taken on the Matomi Wash trail near San Felipe, Baja California. I was loaded down with a full tank of gas, two Gerry cans, a Dometic fridge (packed), water, camp gear, clothes,more food, spare parts and the tires worked well on the muddy Calamajue Wash and they surprised me on the rocky Mission Impossible Trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I have the AT3W in 315/70/17 LT in my RAM 1500 Hemi Crew cab. I have about 17k miles on them and they're wearing down 1/32 every 5k miles running them at 36psi, pretty good considering the weigh of the truck. The Falken sites says 20/32 when new but i measured them 19/32 brand new.

Untitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Reactions: H3br3wHamm3r

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I will have mine rotated and balanced at Americas Tire next month, so I will have the exact tread numbers to provide to you.

Were you able to get tread depth measurements?
I plan on having my tires rotated soon. After one year of daily usage and wheeling, I will tell you the amount of wear these tires have incurred.

·
Commercial Member
173 Posts
I don't have an actual tread depth measurement. but I have 45,000 miles on mine. some light towing, and moderate off-road use. They have been in great in every situation except mud.

Attachments

Reactions: H3br3wHamm3r
1 - 6 of 6 Posts