Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of American Outlaw "Lonestar" wheels paired with some 285/70/r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tires and I'm thrilled with the look and the price.

I was looking for a hub centric wheel and settled on these. Thanks to Don at Discount Tire Direct for helping me out!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Nice. I just got the same wheels installed on mine a couple weeks ago. I like them. Time will tell how they'll hold up to winters around here.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Did you get the P285/70-17 or the LT285/70-17?

I ran the P285/70s on my 2013 F-150 and at almost 30,000 miles they still had 9/32nds of tread remaining. That was a 6,000 lb. truck with a 400 HP engine. Incredible wear for an all-terrain tire. And, the traction in the rain and snow was amazing. Falken makes a GREAT tire.

The only drawback is that the LT sizes are very heavy. They've got thick sidewalls, but the penalty is the weight. That's why I ran them in the P rated version. Still were heavy but not as bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get the P285/70-17 or the LT285/70-17?

I ran the P285/70s on my 2013 F-150 and at almost 30,000 miles they still had 9/32nds of tread remaining. That was a 6,000 lb. truck with a 400 HP engine. Incredible wear for an all-terrain tire. And, the traction in the rain and snow was amazing. Falken makes a GREAT tire.

The only drawback is that the LT sizes are very heavy. They've got thick sidewalls, but the penalty is the weight. That's why I ran them in the P rated version. Still were heavy but not as bad.

I went with the P285/70s. It's my DD and I have a 40+ mile round trip, so I wanted to save a few pounds to try and minimize the MPG hit. I'm off this week but when I head back to work I'll see how it goes. If the hit isn't too bad the next hit will come from a 2.5" lift... lol.

Glad to hear you had a great experience with them, all the reviews I read were really good but you just never know. I'm especially glad they worked well in the snow for you. I live just outside of Cleveland and we get plenty of that here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts