Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, still relatively new to CO and haven't quite figured out the seasons. Are the leaves turning yet in Summit County? i'm in the springs and hoping to take a ride this weekend (9/22). everything down here is still green.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Went up Pikes Peak last week and saw some starting to turn but not much. The change happens relatively quick though. I've never seen the change in Summit County but the drive between Divide and Cripple Creek is very impressive if you hit it at the right time. Also a bit closer to the springs.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I was wheeling in the Arapahoe National Forest the weekend before last. Saw the Aspens just starting to turn at 10,400ft. My guess is peak will be there in a couple weeks. If you are in the Springs it will be longer than that for the color change to start. It's worth a drive into the mountains for the colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I would say that the central mountains are just past peak. My trees are start to brown and fall off. I see a bit of the I70 stretch on my commute and it has been changed for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would say that the central mountains are just past peak. My trees are start to brown and fall off. I see a bit of the I70 stretch on my commute and it has been changed for a couple of weeks.
Not what I was wanting to hear, but thanks. Maybe I'll catch some further South on the way up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts