Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have added a 2nd electric fan infront of the radiator, b/w the grill and rad.
I was wondering if its fine to remove the v-shaped bar and what size fan you use. (i'm thinking of using two 10" perma cool fans)

thanks for any help,
-Matt

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You don't have to have that v thing
but if you are going to put electric fans in put the ford Taurus fan in it is a two speed fan and is more powerful than all the flex a light fans are

·
Registered
173 Posts
You don't have to have that v thing
but if you are going to put electric fans in put the ford Taurus fan in it is a two speed fan and is more powerful than all the flex a light fans are
Anyone know of a write-up on installing a Taurus fan in a TJ???

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,853 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have added a 2nd electric fan infront of the radiator, b/w the grill and rad.
I was wondering if its fine to remove the v-shaped bar and what size fan you use. (i'm thinking of using two 10" perma cool fans)

thanks for any help,
-Matt

Are you talking about removing your mechanical fan as well??

You shouldn't try to push air. It is much easier to pull it. With a good shroud and good quality radiator you shouldn't have any problems with cooling.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you talking about removing your mechanical fan as well??

You shouldn't try to push air. It is much easier to pull it. With a good shroud and good quality radiator you shouldn't have any problems with cooling.
no, im going to leave the mech fan for now and just add a electric fan to push air from the front.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Don't know about Lost but I did it that way because when wheeling or stuck in traffic/idleing The mech fan can't keep up very well in the heat down here. I just strapped it between the v-bar and the grill. Works really well so far.

I went simple and wired it to a fused switch in the dash.

Lost if you decide to go with all electric cooling fans, definately go with Taurus fans route.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what makes you think you need an electric and mechanical fan??
Don't know about Lost but I did it that way because when wheeling or stuck in traffic/idleing The mech fan can't keep up very well in the heat down here. I just strapped it between the v-bar and the grill. Works really well so far.

I went simple and wired it to a fused switch in the dash.

Lost if you decide to go with all electric cooling fans, definately go with Taurus fans route.
mr.c: same reason as above.

I wired it up last weekend. ended up going with this fan http://store.summitracing.com/partd...838842+4294902510+4294775277+115&autoview=sku
and it fits almost perfectly in the area b/w the grill and condenser the only problem is the center hood latch needs to be taken off. also, the V shaped bar needs to be removed too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.