Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 wrangler. When I bought it blower didn't work on 3. Then it went out altogether. I replaced the selector switch and it worked for a week, and went out again. I replaced the switch again and it worked for a day. I replaced the resistor and switch, it worked for 5 minutes. I have checked the wires, the plugs and they look good. When it works, it blows fine. Is it possible that the motor is bad and causing the switches to burn up?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,373 Posts
There's a 99.99% chance your fan motor's windings have started to short out against each other so the fan motor is now drawing way more current than it should. Replace it, it's not a hard job. You should also replace the resistor pack and anything that looks melted, which could also include the wiring fan switch. Those new replacements have likely been damaged again by the fan motor.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Carefully check the 3 wire connector on the side of the mode selector switch for melting or signs of excessive heat. That is a common problem which can cause loss of all fan speeds.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Various stages of blower connector repair. Of course MOPAR makes a replacement "harness" - you of course have to put together complete with connector!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Good photos. It is easy to miss the melting connector since it is tucked over against the vacuum lines of the mode switch.

·
Registered
787 Posts
while your fan is out, check for debris in the area behind the fan. My 97 was full of pine needles and other debris that was causing blower problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts