Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a fast and easy way of removing TJ flares i dont want to spend hours trying to remove them thank you. :D

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Melt em off.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Drive between two trees?

Reactions: OldBarn

·
Registered
514 Posts
There are a few bolts (smaller washer) on each flare that use a nutsert into the fender, just remove those. The others (larger washer) have a rectangular piece of plastic that acts like a nut. Just grab onto the back with pliers or you finger and they are pretty easy. In the rear you have to partially remove the plastic wheel wells first (mine are gone).

·
Registered
489 Posts
this is hilarious, its such a simple process to remove them and yet everyone hates doing it as well as me, ide rather replace a broken shaft then remove my flares. its only hard cause i cant fit my air ratchet or a normal ratchet in there!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ill put the new flares on then when they kind of fade i will do krylon fusion, i know its $156 i didnt have to spend but i learned my lesson. :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I couldnt come Tiny i had some last minute things i had to take care with my mom, and it was already too late to drive 2hrs to big bear. Im sorry i missed it, looks like you guys had a blast. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts