Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast can you put on your soft top? Take it off? Post your best time taking off and putting on your soft top and specify whether you have full doors or half doors. You can also post individual times of putting on bikini tops and such. GO!:dance:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Full doors. Aftermarket Best Top:
It takes me at least 10 minutes to lower and secure it or put it up. The main thing that slows me down is the tension bar clip (or whatever you call it) on the top or the windshield frame. Instead of the latch down levers, it has to be started into the frame and then tensioned by pushing back on the first bow without it popping back out of the frame.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Softopper, I can have it completely off in about 5 minutes, about 6 minutes to put it back on.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I was driving down the interstate with this amazingly hot, but crazy stupid chick who while looking for a vanity mirror unclipped her side of the soft top.
Long story shot, top removed in .0327914 nano seconds.

That story isn't true, but I did watch a blonde pull a T-Top handle while asking "whats this" and that baby sucked right off of there and exploded on the road, so I suppose it could happen with a Jeep too.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I can take the top down and have the bikini top on and doors off in about 7 minutes. Thats with an after market bestop on the factory frame of a '91 YJ and half doors.

Oh and I had the front half of the top come off at 60 MPH once. The header channel had a few stripped out screws and I passed an SUV on a two lane road and the wind from the SUV ripped the remaining screws right out.. I about s**t my self when it happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts