Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Fathers day was an awesome day this year, Congrats and Happy Fathers Day to the rest of the Dads out there as well...

With that being said, I need to decide on what to get for my jeep. I was originally set on getting a back bumper/ spare tire combo.... though now I am thinking a couple other things might be needed a bit more. I am thinking of the following (In no particular order) I have 1500.00 to spend.... (Replacing the lift kit is not on the table at this time.

New shocks and steering stabilizer I have it narrowed to two brands (I think)
Fox of Bilstein. I really liked the ride the bilsteins gave and they have great customer service (Or did for me anyhow on last jeep) I can get either with the extra reservoir (Not sure if it is needed or more of a visual glamour.) I am currently running BDS shocks and stabilizer (Which was just replaced this past week, less than a year into ownership and failed)

after market Rear Bumper and Tire carrier

Long arm kit

Aftermarket side rails (Had to sport side steps put on and rubicon rails taken off so others could get in when purchased)

Hard top

or other performance items not thought of or mentioned.

Truth be told I am leaning towards the Bilstein shocks and the side rails with a few other goodies.

Any suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wow, so you actually got $1500.00 bucks from your kids? That's Great if so, I got a phone call from two out of four wishing me a Happy Father's Day. All in the range of 28-35 years old so the two calls were at least cool! I guess my other two were to busy to at least call. I think I actually enjoyed the day when the kids were young, when I could actually spend time with them. Now, they all got kids, and are going every direction!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I got a new longboard skate deck from my 3 and 6 yo.
I was pretty stoked about that. Built it up and put a couple miles on it already today. :D

OP, I think you need to decide that yourself. Whatever you'll get the most enjoyment out of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP, I think you need to decide that yourself. Whatever you'll get the most enjoyment out of.
Well, that is why I posted a question, Too many choices out there and reading too many forums and having too many people trying to give advice in real life which adds more questions vs answers. Also, having a discussion concerning a few items, may or may not help me realize something which I may or may not have known as to potential benefits or problems which may or may not occur with one item vs another. So many times people jump on the popular item and in so doing are not very happy overall. So, I appreciate your reply, and hope your long board is working out great!!!!

There are so many people out there who have so much knowledge and experience, sometimes they tend to forget the mistakes which they made along the way.... am trying to tap into that so as to more wisely spend my money.

With that being said, Side rails are definitely in order over the plastic steps which some jeeps com from the factory with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts