Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,.... I have an issue with the drivers side break light. My vehicle is an 84 CJ7.
It works some times but not other times. Here's the kicker,..... If it's not working, all I have to do is turn on the turn signal for the drivers side and then off and it will work for a while. What does the turn signal have to do with the break light? Someone told me to replace the turn signal switch inside the steering column, which I did. The only thing that did for me was now my turn signals won't turn off automatically after I turn! LOL! 馃槉 I know electrical issues can be a bear but I have some experience. Apparently not enough to understand why my break light works after I turn on my turn signal though.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guy's and gal's!

Registered
I started a topic the other day asking the same exact thing with no answers. Guess I need to try the turn signal switch. Was it at least an easy job even though it didn't help? Haha

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I was concerned at first but, it really wasn't hard at all. I'm going back in for round two this weekend to see if I can at least fix the turn signal switch. It worked before I started so I think I've misaligned something. But again it wasn't that hard on my 84 CJ7!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts