Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Lange manual hoist for a 2 door that I need to unload. was put together, then taken apart. very good condition....never been used. Are you interested?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I looked at using a couple of my recycled Bike Hooks, but for the price and weight of the JKU hard top I narrowed my list to the Harken Hoist or the Racor hoist, right now the Racor is top on that list. Either way spending $150 for a top that goes for $1500-2000 seems reasonable to me.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I'll be putting together some pictures in the next week or so of one I'm building myself.
Total cost...about $65 for all material. I could have done it for even cheaper, but when I'm not using it for the top, I could probably use it to lift my motorcycle (or an engine) off the ground, along with store stuff on top.
he weight limit would be dependent on the eye holes in the ceiling.

For instance, I'm using two of these 2" wide, 25 foot ratchet tie downs:
3,333 safe work load, 10,000 pound break load. I wanted to extra long handles for leverage.

Two of those will be connect to two of these:
2" wide, 6 foot, 6400 pound slings that will run the length of the hard top.

I may change a few things up as I go along...we will see. The plan is to take the common 4 eyebolt/4ratch strap style hoist and turn it into something much stronger, easier, and more stable without costing too much money or time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts