Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and could not find a thread that shared our favorite Jeep Apps ! I am looking for some! I use "My Radar" and "Every Trail". Share the ones you use!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This gives me something to do on this rainy day!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Motion X GPS is a great app. Allows you to mark waypoints on a route, download offline maps and export to view previous tracks on google earth.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gas buddy and motion x GPS. That GPS one can really suck down your battery thou.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I think pretty much all the GPS apps drain the battery faster. I always make sure when I am going to use the GPS without plugging it in to turn off wifi and Bluetooth. All the constant searching on top of the GPS just runs it down too fast. But when you're in the jeep, you can always keep it plugged in to power. :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Waze for traffic, radar locations and heavy weather. Gas buddy (most often used). Downloaded the official Jeep app and does not cover anything earlier than 2010.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jeep Weather! Know whether it's a top down or top up day! Just search for it on iPhone App Store. Not sure if its made for Droids, so check.

Basically, the app is customizable to your preferences on temp range and chance of precipitation. I have mine set to 45-110 degrees top down and 40% or greater chance of rain, top up. It'll also change based on your location, just leave the zip code blank!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been looking at Dash Command as well. The issue is the OBD 2 is not Bluetooth comparable with apple. I know that Torque and Andriod work very well. I have never owned a droid but I might get a tablet and Torque just for the jeep.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know if you have navigation you have a "gas buddy" built in. Just go to menu and chose "Travel Link" and you can search fuel prices, snowfall amounts and other cool stuff!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been using EngineLink on iPhone with a WiFi ELM327 OBD2 interface. Seems to work pretty well for the IOS side, and the price is easier to take than Dash Command.

·
Registered
95 Posts
All of these serious apps, I feel bad for liking the Smittybilt Clinometer. I think it's a fun thing to play with!

·
Registered
98 Posts
TimboJK,

How well does it work. I was reading review on Amazon and a lot of them say it is hit or miss. Works some times but not very well. What is you experience with it?

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
TimboJK,

How well does it work. I was reading review on Amazon and a lot of them say it is hit or miss. Works some times but not very well. What is you experience with it?
There is a little quirkiness in the original setup, as nowhere on the web does it mention that HTTP Proxy must be set to Auto - and nothing will work otherwise. Some other functions are not well documented, but work well once you play with the app for a bit.

The data seems to stream well with minor delays. Data will stop streaming when you get to a WiFi network your phone prefers more (like Home).

The prebuilt screens aren't as good as what I've seen from DashCommand, but there are 4 customizable screens you can configure to have all kinds of indicators on one screen, including dials, bars, and plots.

It has exceeded my expectations for a $4 app.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts