Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about modifications a lot lately and I thought it'd be cool to know what other peoples' favorite modifications are.

If you had to pick one (or two) modifications that are your favorite what would they be and why?

My jeep is still in its infancy but my favorite "modification" so far has been dipping the wheels black.

Moderators: I searched for similar threads but didn't find one for JKs (only TJs). If this was posted before, feel free to merge or move as needed.

View attachment 1118378

View attachment 1118386

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've done a ton of stuff to my Jeep in the 2 months that I've owned it, and my favorite by far has been replacing the stock exhaust with a Magnaflow 15160 system. It's beautiful, it sounds great, and there has been a noticeable improvement in acceleration.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done a ton of stuff to my Jeep in the 2 months that I've owned it, and my favorite by far has been replacing the stock exhaust with a Magnaflow 15160 system. It's beautiful, it sounds great, and there has been a noticeable improvement in acceleration.
How is the noise on the highway? Does it ever get annoying? What about off road in low? Ever get too loud that it makes your head hurt?

I've been thinking about an exhaust upgrade too get a low tone but not something that is loud and obnoxious

·
Registered
157 Posts
How is the noise on the highway? Does it ever get annoying? What about off road in low? Ever get too loud that it makes your head hurt?

I've been thinking about an exhaust upgrade too get a low tone but not something that is loud and obnoxious
Then the 15160 is for you. Idling and at city speeds, it lets out a really low growl. At highway speeds, it roars but not obnoxiously so. There are a few YouTube videos of it in action, so you can get an Ida of what it sounds like. And it's powder coated black, so it would look awesome on your Jeep.

Here's mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, the magnaflow is pretty pricey just for just for an exhaust. But I do like the look and sound.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My favorites are my front and rear bumpers , I used to love me rear until vendors started making them
That is really impressive! I'm guessing custom made them?

·
Registered
429 Posts
My fave mod was when my '07 Sahara was modded into a '13 Rubicon by a train.

But in all seriousness, lift/tires and winch. The JKU looks proper with a 35" tire IMO.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
My favorite mods would have to be my new interior lighting and my Celticon/Irish badging.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My fave mod was when my '07 Sahara was modded into a '13 Rubicon by a train. But in all seriousness, lift/tires and winch. The JKU looks proper with a 35" tire IMO.
LoL! Now that was a magic train! ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My favorite mods would have to be my new interior lighting and my Celticon/Irish badging.
How did you do the lighting? Replaced the bulbs in the speaker bar? Looks really cool!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
How did you do the lighting? Replaced the bulbs in the speaker bar? Looks really cool!
Thank you! :)

Replaced the bulbs in the sound bar and the rear dome. Also added strips of LED lighting in each of the front footwells, a 41" strip of LEDs under the rear seat and a 38" strip of LEDs up in the ACE cargo rack.

If you're interested in the how to, Mike did a write up for me in my build thread.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/starbrites-celticon-407066-26.html#post10561505

Pictures start there. The write up is written by WhiskeyMike, and it's a couple of posts later. Then there is a Q&A post that I posted from a PM he got asking for more clarifications.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you! :) Replaced the bulbs in the sound bar and the rear dome. Also added strips of LED lighting in each of the front footwells, a 41" strip of LEDs under the rear seat and a 38" strip of LEDs up in the ACE cargo rack. If you're interested in the how to, Mike did a write up for me in my build thread. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/starbrites-celticon-407066-26.html#post10561505 Pictures start there. The write up is written by WhiskeyMike, and it's a couple of posts later. Then there is a Q&A post that I posted from a PM he got asking for more clarifications.
Sweet and thanks! I'm definitely adding this to the list! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Cool! I hope you enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wish I was kidding. ;)
Yikes! Glad you made it out safe... Never like seeing a jeep like that but at least you got a rubi out of it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts