Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else recently receive a letter from Jeep stating they have extended the warranty on Front Brake Caliper Hoses and Both Wheel Speed Sensors on certain 2007-2010 Jeep Wranglers?

I got one Saturday. Last month I had to have that repair done to the tune of $1000 +

Called and submitted my repair and got a message back today that the whole letter is false. Got into a huge argument with the guy on the phone as the letter has my VIN and states my vehicle is one they extended the warranty on (from 3 yrs 36,000 to 15 yrs, unlimited miles)

My 2009 only has 41,000 on it.

Anyone else get this letter? Would be good to know it wasn't just me lol!

Thanks,
Rob Snyder

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Anyone else recently receive a letter from Jeep stating they have extended the warranty on Front Brake Caliper Hoses and Both Wheel Speed Sensors on certain 2007-2010 Jeep Wranglers?

I got one Saturday. Last month I had to have that repair done to the tune of $1000 +

Called and submitted my repair and got a message back today that the whole letter is false. Got into a huge argument with the guy on the phone as the letter has my VIN and states my vehicle is one they extended the warranty on (from 3 yrs 36,000 to 15 yrs, unlimited miles)

My 2009 only has 41,000 on it.

Anyone else get this letter? Would be good to know it wasn't just me lol!

Thanks,
Rob Snyder
leave it to Chrysler to get into an argument with a customer that received one of their recall letters. some things never change

·
Registered
96 Posts
I received this same letter a few weeks ago. So is this a legitimate letter? I haven't had any issues on my 2010 with 82K on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called back a week ago and got an apology and was told that currently my documents are in the reimbursement department awaiting review.

Their excuse was this was so new it wasn't showing up on my VIN # but I reinstated to the rep how rude that first guy was. It was in my 49 years the worst customer service experience I had ever received and had it not been resolved I was ready to trade in the Wrangler and give up the Jeep brand.

It was tough enough this spring, I have had over $2600 in repairs done over three dealer visits on my 09 with only 41000 miles. I keep it in mint condition but guess not driving it much is taking a toll just as bad. To have that letter arrive and some hope that I may get at least some of that back was a nice surprise and made me feel I had made the right decision over 20 years ago to only buy Wranglers. Then for that rep to outright call me a liar and dash that hope was to me unforgiveable. Those calls are recorded and I hope either he was spoken to or fired. Total asshole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts