Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FCA is now actively trying to get rid of remaining Lifetime policies. The rebate on a new vehicle purchase is called “MVP Select Owner Bonus Cash Offer” , good for $3,000

And, you don’t even have to trade the vehicle in to get the rebate. Just agree to forfeit the Lifetime service contract coverage.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
A change is a coming:
Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot got antitrust approval for their $38 billion merger to create Stellantis, the world's 4th biggest carmaker

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I wonder if the lifetime warranties can be voided by the acquisition, similar to when a company goes bankrupt?

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
122 Posts
I'd think that short of bankruptcy, that would be difficult. And I doubt that Peugeot is buying FCA, more like the other way around. Peugeot is not and has never been what I'd consider an automotive powerhouse, LOL.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
73,004 Posts
This is very interesting, because my local Dealer has been trying to buy my 2013 JKR Back. And it has the Mopar max lifetime on it. So maybe there is a connection here..Hmmm... Mine is not for sale!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
A change is a coming:
Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot got antitrust approval for their $38 billion merger to create Stellantis, the world's 4th biggest carmaker
Great! The world’s shittiest carmaker!

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
That is just fantastic. Can't wait to see the next gen of Wranglers with Peugeot added engineering. Any other losers with cash want to join the party? You know what vehicles are going to keep that garbage barge floating.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I wonder if the lifetime warranties can be voided by the acquisition, similar to when a company goes bankrupt?
Nope, you buy the company you buy the contracts.

Reactions: auzeus72 and adisa

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bankruptcy is a different ballgame

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bankruptcy is a different ballgame
Yup. In bankruptcy your are buying the assets with the proceeds going to the creditors which include the holders of warranty contracts though they are so far down the line they usually get nothing unless the buyer wants to honor them to preserve the brand.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
For years dealers tried to buy my 2014 JKUR. I still have the Lifetime Max 100 Ded on that Jeep and do not plan on cashing it in. We have already paid for the cost of the warranty with a replaced water pump and cylinder head.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
I would see if the they would go up on that offer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,right before I sold it,,,,lol
y

Reactions: Teasip and Shark_13

·
Premium Member
9,982 Posts
I have a MaxCare Lifetime on my 2013 10A (60K miles) and I got my girlfriend a MaxCare Lifetime on her 2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 (50K miles). I dont daily drive much now since I'm working remote, but she still has to drive approx 75 miles to and from work.

There's no way I'm giving up the warranties on those two Jeeps.

·
Premium Member
9,982 Posts
A change is a coming:
I read they're already considering dropping the Chrysler brand... the news report didn't mention Dodge.

Jeep and Ram pickups are the bread winners in North America.

Reactions: Lloydrage

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It could make sense in some rare occasions. The way the lifetime warranties are, if the value of your jeep is less then the cost of the repair, they buy you out. So lets say you had a ragged TJ with 400,000 miles that was only worth $1,000.00 and the motor goes out. They are going to give you the value of the jeep and you no longer have the warranty. So if someone has an old jeep with a lifetime warranty it might be worth cashing in. Some people buy the lifetime warranties thinking they can get new parts on their jeep for the rest of their life. Once the value drops you are SOL.
I have a sneaky feeling that if they offered to buy you out and you declined, it might be real hard to get a claim through in the future. Not that an auto company would act that way, just saying...... I've heard some bad stories from people getting stuff covered under their warranties, it might be even harder now. I myself only had to make a claim once on an aftermarket warranty for a transmission and I had not problems, paid the $100.00 and got a new transmission put in. That was on a used Durango, years ago.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts