Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Just one cylinder head replacement is a cost of about $3,400. Then about $800 for the oil filter housing, and lets not forget Radiator, thermostat housing and water pump, probably another $1,200. $3,000, just doesn't make any sense. Op's..almost forgot camshafts and cam rollers, OUCH.........
I had ALL of that done this year on my 15 JKU Sahara with 52k.
Luckily I have the 7/80K MOPAR warranty. Paid for itself this year again.
Last year almost the same in repairs.

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
I had ALL of that done this year on my 15 JKU Sahara with 52k.
Luckily I have the 7/80K MOPAR warranty. Paid for itself this year again.
Last year almost the same in repairs.
That's what I'm worried about. Mine just turned 60K and I'm waiting for the oil cooler filter housing to start leaking, or the heads or lower end to take a crap. I'm already starting to experience weak heater output.

apparently this is piston slap.. been doing this since 15K miles.

3.6 Piston Slap

·
Registered
698 Posts
@11th
We are only obligated to support the product line seven years after we obsolete the product -- then we can discontinue.

If the Jeep "MaxCare Lifetime" plans are 10+ years old and they are only obligated to maintain the majority of service parts for 10 years -- the way I see it, they will want to somehow start calling in those "MaxCare Llifetime" service plans. This is so they can purge service parts inventories.

Yes, this isn't forced, however... aren't they in essence putting the consumer's feet to the fire by obsoleting and discontinuing OEM parts?
Not good for the Jeep brand, me thinks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't blame FCA for trying to buy out these contracts. No other manufacturer has ever offered a lifetime warranty like this that I can think of. I have one on my 300, and got the offer in an email...3k towards another car, or a simple $2,500 check to cancel it.

I have 97k on my 300, and plan to keep the warranty until they pay me out someday. Unfortunately, I had one on my Willys when I bought it new...canceled it when I traded it in...and now cannot get another lifetime Maxcare after repurchasing it last April.

Frankly, I'm not that worried about it...my Grand Cherokee has 163k and the Pentastar is untouched in it. The willys has 32k and goes only about 6-7k miles a year.

Reactions: Lloydrage
41 - 44 of 44 Posts