Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started reading through WranglerForums a few months ago and noticed Fields Auto's pricing offer to forum members.

I've made phone calls over a period of three months to the dealership and have left several phone messages for Pat and have yet to receive a reply. I've called the dealership number and Pat's direct line. On several occasions, the receptionist has confirmed Pat was at the dealership, but he never answered the phone and he's never called me back.

Before you guys pile on about leaving phone messages and not sending emails, I prefer to talk to a human being before I spend money and if Pat doesn't return phone messages, he damn well shouldn't include two phone numbers in his signature.

I've been self employed in sales for decades and cannot stand a salesman who doesn't return calls. The only thing I hate worse is a salesman who wastes his or the dealership's money on advertising and doesn't bother following up with a prospect.

Given the fact that auto dealerships spend more that $500 to get a prospect in the door and close one out of four prospects, you'd think Pat would make returning prospect calls a priority.

If Pat is wealthy and doesn't need more business, he should stop advertising. If he doesn't like the telephone, he should post his phone numbers. If he doesn't return calls now, what makes me think he will post sale?

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
You do not know pat very well. He posts replies all the time in his thread, and there are a lot of members here who have been helped by him, myself included.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I started reading through WranglerForums a few months ago and noticed Fields Auto's pricing offer to forum members. I've made phone calls over a period of three months to the dealership and have left several phone messages for Pat and have yet to receive a reply. I've called the dealership number and Pat's direct line. On several occasions, the receptionist has confirmed Pat was at the dealership, but he never answered the phone and he's never called me back. Before you guys pile on about leaving phone messages and not sending emails, I prefer to talk to a human being before I spend money and if Pat doesn't return phone messages, he damn well shouldn't include two phone numbers in his signature. I've been self employed in sales for decades and cannot stand a salesman who doesn't return calls. The only thing I hate worse is a salesman who wastes his or the dealership's money on advertising and doesn't bother following up with a prospect. Given the fact that auto dealerships spend more that $500 to get a prospect in the door and close one out of four prospects, you'd think Pat would make returning prospect calls a priority. If Pat is wealthy and doesn't need more business, he should stop advertising. If he doesn't like the telephone, he should post his phone numbers. If he doesn't return calls now, what makes me think he will post sale?
Take a deep breath and relax man. You're knocking probably the most popular guy on this forum.

If you're not happy with Pat I'd suggest you go somewhere else to purchase your Jeep. I can tell you from experience Fields Jeep is quite possibly the best dealership I've ever dealt with. When I lived in Chicago my wife and I purchased 4 vehicles from them. They are atraight up and honest. I never dealt with Pat directly on a purchase, but there are several stand up guys there you can deal with instead.

You're about to buy a Jeep, relax, smile and throw back a cold one.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi OP,

I don't know Pat or have had any dealings with him. If I had I would still make the same recommendation.

If for any reason you are not happy with a salesperson. Go to another one.

Every Salesperson has been someones very best and very worst experience.

Enjoy the process and your soon to be yours jeep.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Welcome to politically correct 2014. I don't need to relax and since when is telling the truth about not getting a return call from a salesman "knocking" him?

Maybe 500 posts will make me popular enough to warrant a return call from the most popular guy on the forum.

Sorry to hear the issue.. Since its the dealership that has the offer not just pat who works for the dealership.. have you thought about just calling and asking for the sales manager or if another sales person can help you?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
JeepSpeed I don't know Pat, nor you. All I can say is there are two sides to every story. As a leader that gets calls when my staff team doesn't return calls I can honestly say I've been able to verify far to many times that a message (a) wasn't left, (b) was so mumbled we couldn't make out the number (thanks cell phones) or (c) didn't ask for what they told me they wanted.

All that is to say that I'm curious to hear what Pat says. As for post count, yep it matters some so participate, would have been better if you'd participated before ripping anyone. Just sayin'.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear the issue.. Since its the dealership that has the offer not just pat who works for the dealership.. have you thought about just calling and asking for the sales manager or if another sales person can help you?

I'll probably do that. Since I'm in sales, I try to give other salesmen the benefit of the doubt. When I buy Fords from a dealer friend, he directs me to his fleet manager and I know my deals are all minis so I slip him $200 - $300 on each car.

I guess the only thing I can surmise from my experience is that Pat isn't spending his money advertising here. When I spend money my money advertising, I answer the phone or return calls within one hour.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had a great experience at Fields auto and I would back there in a second.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Color me totally surprised! In the three years I've been on WF, I've heard nothing but the most glowing reviews of how Pat has treated his customers. He's always been a big contributor to the forum and given lots of help and info to non-customers, too.

The OP's experience is just completely out of character for Pat. There MUST be some good explanation. I'd still put my money on Pat's high level of dedication to customer service.... maybe it's just that even the very best salesmen mess up once in a rare while.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Amen. This sounds more like a personal attack towards other salesmen. You keep qualifying your sales skills against Pat's.

Cool story bro... go to a different salesman.

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I have got a low post count. I've also owned my own mortgage company. and my own real estate brokerage. And, I was a money market trader. And, I sold Porsches and BMWss on the weekends for fun.

You may be right. I might not know how to leave a phone message, or mumble or not leave a message at all. I wonder how I sold all those mortgages, commercial properties and cars? On the other hand, you can't mumble when quoting the rate $500 million of three day commercial paper.

As far as ripping anyone, you are far too sensitive.

I have no dog in this fight, but from your post, it seems you have a decent amount of money. Why worry with Pat? Just go elsewhere :thumb:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I have got a low post count. I've also owned my own mortgage company. and my own real estate brokerage. And, I was a money market trader. And, I sold Porsches and BMWss on the weekends for fun.

You may be right. I might not know how to leave a phone message, or mumble or not leave a message at all. I wonder how I sold all those mortgages, commercial properties and cars? On the other hand, you can't mumble when quoting the rate $500 million of three day commercial paper.

And my daddy can beat up your daddy. Take your resume and attitude somewhere else hoss.

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
When I was in outside sales, I started measuring EVERYONE I came into contact with that sold things how I managed my new prospects, as well as repeat customers. Although it's not necessarily fair to do so... I did it and expected the same response and service I gave. That's what happens when you are on 100% commission - you behave differently.

So... with that said, all it takes is a phone call to the fleet manager at any dealer and they will give you the same deal - most, if not all are paid straight salary and don't rely on commission.

They have a stack of orders to process from their commercial customers.

It's nothing personal.

:thumb:

·
Registered
796 Posts
What I see is you can't hold a job, you're the best salesman in the world and you bring nothing but criticism with you to a new forum.

If I owned a dealership I wouldn't want you as a customer because I've seen your type before… a Big Dog like you can just walk into any dealer and just write a check and drive off with a new Jeep, why sweat the small stuff dude?
Move on..drop a dime some where else…

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
What we have here is a failure to communicate. I can't spend a dime on a Jeep without talking to a salesman first.

You're right. I can't hold a job and I don't deserve to hear from Pat. I am scum.
Haha... You stole that from Cool Hand Luke movie. Not cool!

:mooning:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.