Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For folks that aren't on the FB page. Plotting has begun for a ride to occur on 2/20 or 2/21.

No location decided yet. Any ideas or date preferences post them here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
20th is looking good for me! Any plans for a location yet? I think there is a Crawler/utv competition at choccolocca on that day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless theres any other suggestions, all I had in mind was likely Dicks creek and Cashes Valley. Dicks Creek is a maybe if we end up with alot of jeeps. I think itll mostly be a joyride rather than anything technical.

But by all means if theres other suggestions lets do it.

I plan on squeezing in Bell Mntn at the end of the day if it isnt too wet.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm in for the 20th. My wife and son will be riding along. My son's first wheeling trip :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yes, Dick's Creek is a joy ride. I also did the Tray Mountain run and found that much better as far as rocks and some obstacles go.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Since Bell kicked my ass a few weeks ago in the snow and ice, I wouldn't mind trying that again and then over to cases valley .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update for everyone. On the FB page the majority want to head to Durhamtown. I called today and both their jeep trails are open. I'll check again closer to Saturday.

I haven't been but Xavas has and it was muddy, so be advised. I think the entry is $20 per jeep and I think they charge for passengers also.

For now I'd say we plan to meet at Durhamtown, unless anyone wants to convoy.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm sure my brother and I will convoy over there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since Bell kicked my ass a few weeks ago in the snow and ice, I wouldn't mind trying that again and then over to cases valley .
John if you'd want a riding partner I want to make a trip to Bell also. Looks like the 20th is out but maybe we can plan something with a smaller group.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Just an update for everyone. On the FB page the majority want to head to Durhamtown. I called today and both their jeep trails are open. I'll check again closer to Saturday.

I haven't been but Xavas has and it was muddy, so be advised. I think the entry is $20 per jeep and I think they charge for passengers also.

Ahh I'd love to go but I have to go to blue Ridge to check on my granddad's cabin. So I think I'll be doing tray and cashes on the 20th. I'll ride with you guys next time.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts

I got a email from Durhamtown yesterday. they advised most all trails are open and it has even dried out a bit. But when I was there with Xavas , I had never seen so much mud. You couldn't park and walk to the office without being ankle deep in mud.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
John if you'd want a riding partner I want to make a trip to Bell also. Looks like the 20th is out but maybe we can plan something with a smaller group.
Yeah, I would do that. When I was up there last month there was a guy there that told me they were closing Bell and making it a hiking trail. But he didn't know when it would happen.

Are you going to Durhamtown?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I would do that. When I was up there last month there was a guy there that told me they were closing Bell and making it a hiking trail. But he didn't know when it would happen. Are you going to Durhamtown?
I was going to durhamtown but had to backout. If you want to go this sunday I can do that. Maybe hit another trail also. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I was going to durhamtown but had to backout. If you want to go this sunday I can do that. Maybe hit another trail also. Let me know.
Hmmmm. Yeah, I may do that. My wife has pneumonia. I'll see how she feels by then.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you wanted to go two weeks from now, I'd be down. School's got me filled up these next two weeks so I gotta miss Saturday too.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
If you wanted to go two weeks from now, I'd be down. School's got me filled up these next two weeks so I gotta miss Saturday too.
Yeah, could probably go then too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts