Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Federal has been around for a while.
I wonder why there arent many reviews on them & I havent seen anyone who sells them.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Federal tires originated in Taiwan, but are now made in plants in Taiwan, the U.S. and China. The only way to know where the specific ones you are considering are made, is to look at the sidewall.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The PO had just bought a set when I bought my TJ 2 years ago. I only drive locally, so I've only put about 3,500 miles on them. I've been in some pretty serious mud with them and they did well. I do have concerns about how well they would hold up in the rocks, but I'll keep em until they wear out.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The PO had just bought a set when I bought my TJ 2 years ago. I only drive locally, so I've only put about 3,500 miles on them. I've been in some pretty serious mud with them and they did well. I do have concerns about how well they would hold up in the rocks, but I'll keep em until they wear out.
Do they seem to be thinner than other off road tires? I ask because they arte a 6 ply tire,c load range.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Local wheeling buddy has em in 31s, clean out much better than my AT2's. Haven't heard him complain about them on road or otherwise.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm,they might be on my list of next tires to get.Anyone else with experiences with them?

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thers a Kumho road venture mt that looks very interesting,nothing but good reviews.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Put them on a lil while ago, and went straight for the mud hole. So far so good. They drive good at highway speed, but they do make some noise. Not crazy loud like swampers but do have a slight hum. They do seem to pull and clean them selves really good in deep mud.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put them on a lil while ago, and went straight for the mud hole. So far so good. They drive good at highway speed, but they do make some noise. Not crazy loud like swampers but do have a slight hum. They do seem to pull and clean them selves really good in deep mud.
How bad was the mud?

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I priced a few tires that Ive narrowed my search down to.Nitto,Federal,Maxxis,Hankook & Kumho & the only tire more expensive then Federal is Nitto.Im surprised the Federal is so expensive,being ya never hear of them.
I am seeing 243.00 ea for Federal.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah,, maybe I'm stupid here, but how can so many posters have an opinion on any tire until they put 20 to 25 thousand miles on them... I read all the time,, " I just got a set yesterday, ( last week, last month ) and I really like them... Me? I'm having buyers remorse and will share if you'all want me to. The point being, I had no idea what I thought of these tires until I was about 17,000 miles into them... ( forever the skeptic,,, I work too damn hard for my money to be flushing it down the Made in China toilet )

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
17000 miles would be like 4 or 5 years for me :rofl:

I've read the reviews where some had sidewall issues with the Federals. Most of those reviews seemed to be on larger, heavier vehicles. I keep an eye on mine and so far, so good. They do only have a 2 ply sidewall, which will keep me from buying another set when these wear out. The PO told me he got these tires for around 150 a piece, which is why he bought them. When it comes time, I'll probably go with Goodyear MTR's.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah,, maybe I'm stupid here, but how can so many posters have an opinion on any tire until they put 20 to 25 thousand miles on them... I read all the time,, " I just got a set yesterday, ( last week, last month ) and I really like them... Me? I'm having buyers remorse and will share if you'all want me to. The point being, I had no idea what I thought of these tires until I was about 17,000 miles into them... ( forever the skeptic,,, I work too damn hard for my money to be flushing it down the Made in China toilet )
I agree 100%.Someone will get tires,drive them down a dirt road and call them the most awesome tire out there.I really wheel hard with my Jeep,bent the hell out of my "upgraded" tie rod end setup so I need to hear reviews from people who actually wheel there Jeep.
Outlaw,do you mind me asking how much they were & did you notice if the sidewall was 2 or 3 ply.I do a lot of rock so I need a 3 ply.Thanks everyone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts