Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,836 Posts
No, but they look well done. Wonder where they are sourcing the fenders from? $700 for plastic seems high, but painted seems reasonable. If it were me Id email and ask if they carry an aluminum version?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lazy and only messaged them on ebay, I'll give them a all. Pictures are pretty and I've got the Hydro Blue, just worried it's not actually the product that they ship.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
They look good, if you go that way make sure that you get some paint protection film for the leading edges of the rear fenders. I wish I had gotten some on her 15 with body color flares.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have some rock paint chips on the leading edge of my rears that I have been thinking of how to deal with for some time. Thinking of sanding and painting myself then do a clear bra to protect them. A color matched decal to cover would be great. Could do a wrap but still have to sand and seal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair question

What makes you think they aren't going to ship what they advertise?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
I'm sure they'll ship what they advertise, what I don't know is what quality and I can't find any reviews of these fender flares, otherwise the pictures look sexy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think plastic is a great idea. I have steel ones on my YJ. I bumped a tree with the right front and dented my body tub. I’ll never run steel flares again. Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
They look good, if you go that way make sure that you get some paint protection film for the leading edges of the rear fenders. I wish I had gotten some on her 15 with body color flares.
Any recommendation? is that something you put on yourself or normally have somebody else do?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Those fenders look good.
Looks like a body shop in Mass, doing them.
have to see if they do other parts painted/mail order

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered and waiting for delivery, let's go with cautiously optimistic. I called a local body shop about a quote to paint a set of PS Aluminum Crushers, quote was $2,100. So these ebay color-matched painted ones, even though they're not aluminum, are worth a shot at $700

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ordered and waiting for delivery, let's go with cautiously optimistic. I called a local body shop about a quote to paint a set of PS Aluminum Crushers, quote was $2,100. So these ebay color-matched painted ones, even though they're not aluminum, are worth a shot at $700
That’s a crazy price. I just had 4 PS Alu Crushers painted for $500 out the door at a reputable shop.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got these. They look pretty damn good actually. Turns out they're just painted Ikon Motorsports fender flares which you can find on Amazon for about $210, so basically I'm paying another $440 to get them painted. I'm okay with that, except there are no instructions and reviews on Ikon aren't good. It'll be interesting to see how the holes and install go. I also need to figure out how to keep my cut liners on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty much figured out these are just knock-off Bushwackers, so I downloaded the Bushwacker installation instructions and even the mounting brackets are numbered like Bushwackers. Next up, actually installing and hoping the holes line up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On the off chance anyone is still tracking this thread. After a bunch of work, the fenders are on. The top seams are mostly okay, but not all stuck to the vehicle. A lot of holes didn't line up so I had to do some drilling. I'd put these fender flares in the you get what you pay for bucket.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Finished product looks good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts